WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Have any of you found alternate straps on ways of dealing with this please ?

I could cut the strap but I don't want to adversely affect the resale value if I can avoid it.

Otherwise I really like the watch.

Thanks,

Ian

·
Premium Member
61,485 Posts
The loose end doesn’t bother me but you could always put an “O” ring on the watch side if the keeper so you had two keepers to go at.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping there would be a better solution like an alternative strap or a guide on to trimming carbon fibre straps. Thanks sticky and FarmeR57.

·
Registered
590 Posts
buy a replacement set of straps and trim those.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If I’m not mistaken, Jay and Kay’s makes an adapter so you can install a NATO type strap.

Reactions: Queen6

·
Registered
862 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
OP: I'm not sure whether you mean that the strap is too long in that it goes too far around your wrist or whether you mean it's too long for the keeper to control. If the latter, there are some solutions (including mine) here.
Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will give that a go, thanks. I have considered velcro but I really don't like the idea and it may rot if it gets wet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I swapped out my strap immediately. Could not get the right fitment on my wrist. I have the Jays And Kays metal adapter with a Zulu band and its great. Wear it all day long and don't even know its on my wrist.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A #35 o-ring was mentioned. That sounds big (not that I am an o-ring expert). Is it a 35mm inside diameter ring that some people use please ?

I bought several eBay keepers to try thanks to the advice from you guys, thanks.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I was hoping there would be a better solution like an alternative strap or a guide on to trimming carbon fibre straps. Thanks sticky and FarmeR57.
Good heavens, don't cut anything. Go to Target or Walmart or similar store and get some of the black ponytail keepers for young ladies [or you can use plumbers' O rings, but the ponytail keepers are actually better, since more flexible.] One of these will hold the long strap as tightly as you want to the upper part of the band. They work great. You can get 100 for 2 USD in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good heavens, don't cut anything. Go to Target or Walmart or similar store and get some of the black ponytail keepers for young ladies [or you can use plumbers' O rings, but the ponytail keepers are actually better, since more flexible.] One of these will hold the long strap as tightly as you want to the upper part of the band. They work great. You can get 100 for 2 USD in my neck of the woods.
Thanks, I will give that a try. I wasn't willing to cut the strap. It would severely reduce the resale value and may well look ugly too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
A #35 o-ring was mentioned. That sounds big (not that I am an o-ring expert).
#35 o-rings have the dimensions of ID = 9/16", OD= 11/16"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again guys. Got a 28mm keeper from eBay that did the trick, although the o-ring worked well too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts