WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. watch that is :-d
Decided to give one a go as I really like the design. Hadn’t realised at the time it was a Tag ripoff..
only had it three days, but so far very impressed. Feels very solid and overall well made, with the only minor glitch is the bezel is slightly loose, but not sloppy.
Timekeeping seems to be spot on after three days of wearing as well, and I believe they use Seagull movements so at least a reasonably known quantity.
Bracelet is as good as any other modestly priced watch, but for me I always seem to find they adjust too tight or too loose, so might get a chunky leather strap for it.
Might also better hide the fact it is perhaps a slightly large watch for me, or that anyone has commented.

Anyway, the all important pictures:

PA040053.jpg

PA040048.jpg

PA040045.jpg

PA040052.jpg

and finally a lume shot. Was pleasantly surprised to find it is two tone:

PA040064.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the same exact timepiece a couple of years now and it's a favorite, an extraordinary value.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Where did you guys get your's? Aliexpress? I see them there with good prices but not sure about the large size yet.

I see YeLang watches on Aliexpress with tritium lume. Any experience with those fellow budget watch punters?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
Where did you guys get your's? Aliexpress? I see them there with good prices but not sure about the large size yet.

I see YeLang watches on Aliexpress with tritium lume. Any experience with those fellow budget watch punters?
I got mine from Amazon at about the same price as Ali plus it includes the Asurion two-year warranty. It's an homage to Tag Heuer's Aquaracer. It is a decent sized watch but I've large wrists so for me it's fine. Also, see that the lug-to-lug width isn't much more than the bezel width, the case size is actually somewhat compact.

As for tritium I don't know.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Just looked at the spec. For a similar price I could buy a Parnis with a Japanese movement and sapphire window, with a 200m WR rating. Alternatively, an Invicta pro diver with a 200m WR rating and an NH35 movement.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just looked at the spec. For a similar price I could buy a Parnis with a Japanese movement and sapphire window, with a 200m WR rating. Alternatively, an Invicta pro diver with a 200m WR rating and an NH35 movement.
There are loads of similarly priced watches, some may be better than others.
However, where have you seen an Invicta Pro Diver for $65?

As with most watches it’s usually down to personal taste.
Anyway, we can’t be having Chinese watches with Japanese movements:-d

·
Registered
580 Posts
When you can get a Seiko nh35 or miyota 8215 in a 50 euro watch, you feel that it is robust enough and tell the time well. I have one tongji that is great, cosc accuracy, auto winds, etc but the rest of the tongjis I have are crap. Dixmont have had one of the 2 I got problematic. Seagull is ok, so long at it is seagull and it is oiled. But most of the cases it isn't oiled. I have yet to hear about a miyota or Seiko movement that leaves the factory unoiled.
So, what the heck, Chinese watches with Japanese movements...

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts