WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello friends,

Last week I bought a beautifull 2014 Seiko SKX007 with a full polished and with black seiko letters jubilee bracelet. I started to search for similar watches online and I didn´t find any. I asked my friend and he told me it was the special edition he bought on Keyser-Reinert, Luxembourg.

Have you guys ever seen anything alike?
IMG_1643.jpg
IMG_1642.jpg
IMG_1601.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
I have never seen a SKX like That. Must have cost a lot of money for the special version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dietly and StrongW

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Not a Seiko fan (despite owning 5 or 6; for some reason I'm not sure) but it looks pretty generic Seiko diver to me. It might be a special edition for that store or for Luxembourg (i.e. the store; there can't be that many there). Usually stuff like that is written on the back of the watch. Once you know that then you can google with more specificity.

Reactions: StrongW

·
Registered
340 Posts
It may very well be a special edition and since you purchased it from a friend I would trust his word. However, you could get that same look in an hour or 2 with some polishing and color fill of the engraving very easily. I have not come across this edition but am interested if it was offered at some point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have not seen a fully polished jubilee with black lettering ... can't find any info on that either.
That´s why I registered on this forum to find if someone knew something or seen anything alike! I´m not really a watch collector but I do apreciate seikos! At first glance it looked pretty generic to me until I started seeing some reviews and videos of the same Seiko SKX007K2 and realized they were all diferent from mine. And then I went to ask my friend about it. He told it was the "Brillance" edition. I seached it and I didn´t find anything still. That´t what intrigued me. And it comes with the guarantee stamp from the jeweler shop he bought in 2014 and the original box.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
What do you mean by it came with guarantee stamp? It certifies it as a special edition or just that it is a genuine skx007?

I've seen a couple of special editions of the skx007, but usually they are pretty obscure and not available on the US anyway, so I never pay much attention to them (outside of owning a standard SKX007 myself)

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
That´s why I registered on this forum to find if someone knew something or seen anything alike! I´m not really a watch collector but I do apreciate seikos! At first glance it looked pretty generic to me until I started seeing some reviews and videos of the same Seiko SKX007K2 and realized they were all diferent from mine. And then I went to ask my friend about it. He told it was the "Brillance" edition. I seached it and I didn´t find anything still. That´t what intrigued me. And it comes with the guarantee stamp from the jeweler shop he bought in 2014 and the original box.
That bracelet and watch have been polished by someone. Then, they took a Sharpie and colored in the "SEIKO" lettering on the clasp. There is no special edition version of this, as far as I know. I have owned many of these. Beyond that, it's a good watch. Wear it in good health.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
I asked my friend and he told me it was the special edition he bought on Keyser-Reinert, Luxembourg.
Did your friend also charged you more than normal asking price considering this is a "special edition"

Reactions: Jambo50

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
No! He sold it at the price he bought it at! Which was pretty generous considering it has gone up in price.
Good on you. Problem solved. Good luck wearing your normal Seiko SKX007

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That bracelet and watch have been polished by someone. Then, they took a Sharpie and colored in the "SEIKO" lettering on the clasp. There is no special edition version of this, as far as I know. I have owned many of these. Beyond that, it's a good watch. Wear it in good health.
Thank you! I was just curious to see if it was a special edition since I wasn´t being able to find a similar bracelet online. Love the watch btw!

·
Premium Member
5,093 Posts
Thank you! I was just curious to see if it was a special edition since I wasn´t being able to find a similar bracelet online. Love the watch btw!
It's not a special edition. It's an SKX, of which there are hundreds of thousands if not millions, that has been polished along with the bracelet. Wear it. Enjoy it. Just don't operate under the illusion that it's rare or particularly "special," whatever that means.

Hopefully, you'll get many years of use out of your SKX. They're tough watches.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts