WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some quick background. Bought the original BB58 as the first watch purchase from my AD when it first came out in late 2018. I was just in the store on a random weekday and they happened to have one in the case. Loved it!

I asked him the same day how long it would take to get me a no date sub. He said about a month. Didn’t believe him, but 4 weeks later he called me and said the sub was in!

To help fund the sub I sold the BB58. While there were a lot of things about the sub I loved, it never wore as comfortable as the 58 for me and I in some ways regretted the switch (6.75 inch wrist). I ended up selling the sub c and about a month ago put my name down for an explorer 1 after trying on one in the store.

No idea how long it’ll take to get the explorer so getting another BB58 was an option and I lways wanted to get one again. Then the rumors started about the blue version. Pictures didn’t convince me it was what I wanted. So emailed my AD and he emailed back today that he had one I could come look at.

So went in at lunch to have a look. Loved it! Bought it! I didn’t want a bright/strong blue watch. Wanted more an everyday kind of subdued/subtle blue. Photos do not do this watch justice!

Took a bunch of photos to try and show how the blue looks in different light.
IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Congrats on the new watch! I like how the blue changes depending on the light and was also curious if it was the same color as the bezel. I already have the BB58 black and I am sitting here trying to convince myself I don’t need another one in blue!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the new watch! I like how the blue changes depending on the light and was also curious if it was the same color as the bezel. I already have the BB58 black and I am sitting here trying to convince myself I don’t need another one in blue!

I really don’t know which one I would have chosen if they had both in stock! And was actually going in with low expectations and thinking I wouldn’t buy it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Nice pick up, I didn’t know they were right away available just minutes after the launch!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Gorgeous. I have a new grail. If my collection were worth enough, I would sell everything I have to get one. Alas, it wouldn't even get me halfway there.

But this is beautiful.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Gotta say.. it sits on your wrist really well. Now I know what you mean by it’s a better fit. Congrats! That’s a great looking watch.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
No idea how long it’ll take to get the explorer so getting another BB58 was an option and I lways wanted to get one again. Then the rumors started about the blue version. Pictures didn’t convince me it was what I wanted. So emailed my AD and he emailed back today that he had one I could come look at.
My wait time on an Explorer last autumn was only 31 days, but I have to say, your bet-hedging has netted you what I expect to be the rarer prize for quite a while. :) (y)

I've been trying to land one of these since Saturday, but my AD seems to have offered their early allocation to folk who were already on their BB58 waiting list. Oh well, I am sure I will land one eventually. In the meantime I will enjoy the photos - and bask vicariously in the good fortune - of those of you who fared better.

Congratulations on a great watch, an enjoy the Hell out of it! (y)

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
Very nice!

Congratulations on your new Tudor Black Bay 58 Navy Blue, and wear it in good health!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congrats - superb looking watch and the more pictures and videos I see the more I want to buy one to compliment my current OG BB58. This forum is dangerous for the pocket.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story and photos. Really cool to see how the dial changes its tone, depending on lighting conditions. Congrats on the pick up.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. I have never found a 58 to try as the 58 seems to be made of unobtainium. Anyway, I want the red black bay 58 if it becomes available. The regular BB red is too big for skinny wristy me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That’s awesome! Glad to hear you were able to settle with the more comfortable piece that suits you (rather than chasing the name on the dial).

·
Premium Member
6,327 Posts
Congrats - looks great on you - I think the BB58 is a very special watch and if the colour n size is right, who needs a Sub?!

Unfortunately didnt fit me when AD called me in to try yesterday
IMG_7893.jpeg

Reactions: phsiao08

·
Registered
343 Posts
Great looking BB, enjoy.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts