WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
That’s really a personal opinion. I bought the original when it was released and then traded it in to get a sub. Sold the sub and now have bought the blue.

They’re both awesome looking watches. I prefer the slightly cooler tones/modern feel of the blue. The gilt/rose gold look of the original is gorgeous though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The thing I hate about the bb58 Black is the gold hands and induces. I understand the vintage feel but prefer it silver.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I received the crown and buckle chevron style strap. As I mentioned before I never liked natos as the double folded back part of the strap at 12 o’clock always bugged me and looked bulky.

This style I really like as a change! Does make the watch kind of weightless. I like the dark grey with the blue too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
those of you that were able to view both the black and blue, which would you prefer?
I have had both and prefer the blue over the black. The blue to me is much more sporty and the blue really changes depending on the lighting conditions. The black is more a vintage look.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
The sun came out so took a couple more shots.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just curious. For those of you that were able to view both the black and blue, which would you prefer?
Although I get what the original BB58 is doing, I've never been a fan of gold, and like it a tiny bit less with the red triangle at the pip. I prefer the blue.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Made it to my AD today to pick up my 58 Blue. I could seriously see how this could be a watch that my two daughters fight over down the road. The proportions are perfect. But..... I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed shortly thereafter. Case in point- when I bought my Seamaster in 2018, the ceramic wave dial, I was in awe of it. It shines in all the right places. The movement was a engineering feat that never got boring to look at. The clasp was downright fun. (Eventually I decided the size was just too big, the lyre legs just too twisty, and I flipped it, though I have some regret.)

This is one timeless design, as I expected. It’s just that it I stopped absorbing its beauty fairly quickly. I’m not in sell mode yet. I want to give it a chance. I desperately want to be a one-watch guy. This is my best shot. So we’ll see what happens this week.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts