WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts
I am jealous...should have pulled the trigger @ $300 before it was discontinued. I've seen it for $450 on Amazon, just looked when this link came out and it's showing $800+ (but looks like it's thru different sellers). Ebay is still around that $450 mark last I checked, but it's on my bucket list. Congrats!

JR

Discussion starter · #45 ·
I am jealous...should have pulled the trigger @ $300 before it was discontinued. I've seen it for $450 on Amazon, just looked when this link came out and it's showing $800+ (but looks like it's thru different sellers). Ebay is still around that $450 mark last I checked, but it's on my bucket list. Congrats!

JR
Thanks brodog!

Discussion starter · #46 ·
The original strap that comes with the watch looks cool but it is really uncomfortable to wear so I changed it to the strap I had on my Cronos watch.That watch came with 2 straps,a rubber one that is now on my Invicta 8928ob and a suede one that I put back on the Cronos

Discussion starter · #49 ·
I wanted a strap that looked like original Seiko strap it came with so I ordered a Dassari croc embossed leather strap with quick release pins from Strapsco.

The one I ordered is 20mm

Discussion starter · #52 ·
In stock December 30th Is Seiko still making these?

It would be interesting to see the serial numbers on those. There have been other models that were long thought to be discontinued, or even announced as such, but show very recent serial numbers.

Discussion starter · #54 · (Edited)
It would be interesting to see the serial numbers on those. There have been other models that were long thought to be discontinued, or even announced as such, but show very recent serial numbers.
Do you see where in now says "There is a newer style of this item"

It shows a link to the 2020 "Baby Alpinist".

not suggesting you do the same but people tend to complain about the plasticky look and feel which I "fixed" with a scotch-brite scrub pad 🤔 and gave it a broken in feel by getting it wet and rolling it up a few times. All this because I didn't had any 20mm straps laying around at the time so couldn't just throw it away 😅.

I ended up liking the worn out look but still got other straps to switch things.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.