WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
For about the same money as a used box which doesn’t offer much unless that’s how you plan to store it, might I suggest a leather travel watch case directly from Omega instead? It might be more functional depending how you store or display your watches. I left a review not too long ago on the forum. My box sits in the closet. The travel case goes in my drawer and is much more practical for me.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I'm pretty sure the reason you got a good deal on it in the first place is because the box is missing. So you should be thankful for whoever lost it and just buy one from ebay if you are concerned about resale value.
Nah, I got the same deal and the whole kit.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
It's a great deal so I don't know that I'd lose a lot of sleep over it, but I understand the expectation of buying a high-end watch and expecting it to come to you just like it would from any other authorized dealer. I think it's a little crummy that it didn't.
first time I've heard of that happening with an AAFES purchase.

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
You got a great deal on it. It sucks not having the box but the money you saved you can pick one up for a couple hundred on eBay and still have an amazing deal.

Enjoy the watch, one of my all time favorites.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Interesting. I purchased the black dialed version during the same sale and it’s being delivered to my store in Ramstein. I’ve had both a Tissot and Longines delivered as “full kit,” so I get your point. I’ll let you know what happens on my end.

·
Registered
Grand Seiko SLGH005, Monaco Gulf Edition, Seamaster Diver 300M, Seiko Alpinist, Shinola Runwell
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Interesting. I purchased the black dialed version during the same sale and it’s being delivered to my store in Ramstein. I’ve had both a Tissot and Longines delivered as “full kit,” so I get your point. I’ll let you know what happens on my end.
I would assume if it's being delivered to store you'll get everything. If you wouldn't mind sharing pictures of yours when you receive so I can show that to Omega to maybe get them to help me out I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would assume if it's being delivered to store you'll get everything. If you wouldn't mind sharing pictures of yours when you receive so I can show that to Omega to maybe get them to help me out I'd appreciate it.
Will do. And now that I think about it, the Tissot was wrapped separately, but everything was packaged together in a larger box for shipping.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
I remember seeing that thread before, but when I logged in back then and now, I only saw a handful of models when filtering by "Omega" there were a couple Sedna versions, a SMP chrono and then the ones on rubber.
Right. The SMP on rubber is what the OP bought. Normally ~$4k, discounted by 20% to ~$3.2k.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I remember seeing that thread before, but when I logged in back then and now, I only saw a handful of models when filtering by "Omega" there were a couple Sedna versions, a SMP chrono and then the ones on rubber.
The Exchange shows stock of items that they have an allotment for. They sell directly out of Omega's US inventory. They do not stock these watches, except in the occasional in store find. When their allotment has been sold, they will request a new allotment. This takes time for Omega to answer and have ready for them. These allotments obviously will disappear during any of the Exchange sales. Write down the item numbers NOW when they are shown. If you don't see the model you want, call and ask about it. Many times, they can get a quick answer from Omega and will get an almost immediate allotment and an ability to sell watches that are not posted on the site. The Exchange website is "snail slow" to post anything. It is best to call in on a model that they sell.

Keeping this in mind, do not expect to get a limited, limited production, or special edition watch through the Exchange. They are not going to ask for allotments nor will they probably receive any. They get allotments for the "bread and butter" watches that Omega sells a ton of...Seamaster, Speedmaster, SMP Chronos, etc. Maybe if there is enough demand, they might stock a different model, but I wouldn't expect it. The Sedna and Railmaster have been on the site forever and I would imagine they haven't sold out of a single allotment of those watches. The Railmaster due to lack of popularity and the Sedna due to price...

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Exchange shows stock of items that they have an allotment for. They sell directly out of Omega's US inventory. They do not stock these watches, except in the occasional in store find. When their allotment has been sold, they will request a new allotment. This takes time for Omega to answer and have ready for them. These allotments obviously will disappear during any of the Exchange sales. Write down the item numbers NOW when they are shown. If you don't see the model you want, call and ask about it. Many times, they can get a quick answer from Omega and will get an almost immediate allotment and an ability to sell watches that are not posted on the site. The Exchange website is "snail slow" to post anything. It is best to call in on a model that they sell.

Keeping this in mind, do not expect to get a limited, limited production, or special edition watch through the Exchange. They are not going to ask for allotments nor will they probably receive any. They get allotments for the "bread and butter" watches that Omega sells a ton of...Seamaster, Speedmaster, SMP Chronos, etc. Maybe if there is enough demand, they might stock a different model, but I wouldn't expect it. The Sedna and Railmaster have been on the site forever and I would imagine they haven't sold out of a single allotment of those watches. The Railmaster due to lack of popularity and the Sedna due to price...
Thanks, that makes sense. I had been checking in every once and a while for the last few years. There never seemed to be much selection (mostly rubber straps instead of bracelet options) and only a few models.

I'll have to start paying more attention to it. Unfortunately, another truck and RV, and a new ccw are probably going to take precedence.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think I would just find a used box, I read a forum on here awhile ago that discussed how often the boxes included even from AD do no necessarily match the watch. Sometimes the SMP box may be from a slightly different year than the watch…for 3200 I would just do my fist pumps and flaunt that bad boy

21 - 40 of 68 Posts