WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Still weird. Possibly the box may come later.....cross your fingers. If not, contact Omega and explain the circumstance and find out where your box is.

I say that because that watch came directly from Omegas warehouse....the Exchange doesn't stock the watch, they are the AD and go between. They take the purchase and it's dispatched from Omega. This is why they will show out of stock online sometimes, but you call and can get one.

The Exchange has an allotment so they sell out, but as soon as they meet that allotment, if available, they can direct order more of them. It has to do with Omega's on hand stock in the USA.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Essentially they are doing what is called "drop shipping," where outside of a demo piece, they never handle the merchandise. I once worked for an office furniture store where they did exactly that.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I would assume if it's being delivered to store you'll get everything. If you wouldn't mind sharing pictures of yours when you receive so I can show that to Omega to maybe get them to help me out I'd appreciate it.
Mine just came in...no nice Omega box, but one nice Omega watch!
Fluid Table Material property Rectangle Electronic device

Table Furniture Automotive lighting Tableware Bookcase

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
You know, I didn't have mine shipped to my house, I had it delivered to the base and I picked it up there. Maybe they do it different to residence?

·
Premium Member
18,398 Posts
If the OP resells it, and either Omega or the PX finds out, he can lose shopping privileges.
So no point in looking for a box to complete the set? Or worth the risk as unlikely for Omega or PX to find out?

i find that a strange restraint on one’s private ownership. One of the clear rights of ownership is the right to dispose.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Hey everyone. I am pretty new around here, but I've been into watches for a while now. Recently purchased an Omega Seamaster Diver 300m through the Exchange website (www.shopmyexchange.com), but it shipped with no presentation box. Called Omega and the Exchange and they both said "you have the item. it is what it is. You can return it if you want."

Just wondering if there's anything I can do to get the official box because it feels, well, incomplete in my mind and I would imagine if I were to ever decide to sell it at some point in the future that would be a pretty key thing missing. I guess I could just grab one on eBay?
I would just return it and order again when they have another Omega sale.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Still weird. Possibly the box may come later.....cross your fingers. If not, contact Omega and explain the circumstance and find out where your box is.

I say that because that watch came directly from Omegas warehouse....the Exchange doesn't stock the watch, they are the AD and go between. They take the purchase and it's dispatched from Omega. This is why they will show out of stock online sometimes, but you call and can get one.

The Exchange has an allotment so they sell out, but as soon as they meet that allotment, if available, they can direct order more of them. It has to do with Omega's on hand stock in the USA.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
The exchange does stock Seamasters in some locations. Mine too came directly from Swatch Group in NJ. I bought a G-shock from the AAFES last year and it didn't come with the box and was obviously a display model. It was $70 so I didn't care. I would care if it was an Omega.

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
So no point in looking for a box to complete the set? Or worth the risk as unlikely for Omega or PX to find out?

i find that a strange restraint on one’s private ownership. One of the clear rights of ownership is the right to dispose.
They are doing what at least some ADs are doing, trying to stop flippers. Doesn't mean one would have a problem if they sold it after a year or so (don't know the exact cutoff point, but know there is one), but AAFES people know flipping is a thing and don't want people taking stock from vets who really want the watch so they can make a grand.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
25,081 Posts

It’s here in the terms & conditions: (edit: the prohibition on making a profit off of military services/resources/etc is a real thing; reading this, it seems in line with regulations)

Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
this is interesting, I got mine last year from shopmyexchange and I had a huge package including the display box.
I think AAFES pulls stock from Exchanges all over and sometimes you get less than the full package (hence my G-shock experience where I got a display model vs getting everything from Swatch Group when I bought my Speedmaster.)

·
Registered
844 Posts
I picked up mine yesterday from the local Exchange, came in the blister pack w/ hangtag, booklet and the 3 cards. When I inquired about the box, the CSR said, that's how it came. Oh well, I'll enjoy the watch either way.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
25,081 Posts
Last time I saw an Omega at the PX, it was a blue-on-gray SMPro, and it was a customer return. Someone bought it online, then either went to pick it up at the store or delivered home, then decided they didn’t want it. (my theory was, the wife found out) It had the wooden box and everything besides the plastic coffin. It stayed at Fort Meade for maybe a month and a half before someone else got it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Omega ships the wood display boxes in bulk to their ADs. It is possible that due to high shipping costs, AAFES or Omega has decided not to include the wood box with watches purchased from the exchange.

For those who have not received a wood box, you could always try stopping by your nearest Omega Boutique and see if they will give you one.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Curious to see how mine arrives (I ordered a black one today). I did see from some of the comments in the reviews that folks contacted Omega directly to ask about getting a box. The impression that I got is that if you want a box, they’ll get you setup with one. We’ll see.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My AAFES Seamster 300m (white dial) on the bracelet should arrive tomorrow via FedEx.

I prefer to get the wood box, but my closet shelf really doesn’t need another big display box.

eta: delivery window is tomorrow (Monday) starting at 10am. Will probably call SGUS if it arrives without the box. If they tell me to get lost, no big deal.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts