WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Bought Seamaster Diver 300M through Army and Air Force Exchange, but no box. Any recourse?

8K views 69 replies 38 participants last post by  Brand0n 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I am pretty new around here, but I've been into watches for a while now. Recently purchased an Omega Seamaster Diver 300m through the Exchange website (www.shopmyexchange.com), but it shipped with no presentation box. Called Omega and the Exchange and they both said "you have the item. it is what it is. You can return it if you want."

Just wondering if there's anything I can do to get the official box because it feels, well, incomplete in my mind and I would imagine if I were to ever decide to sell it at some point in the future that would be a pretty key thing missing. I guess I could just grab one on eBay?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
That's shady as hell. I bought my SMP and 1861 Speedy from them and both included boxes. If you managed to snag the watch on one of their sales, I wouldn't return it, because those are so random and it seems like the price goes up each time. Still sucks though.

#14 ·
That just does not make sense. You not only paid for the watch, but the entire presentation it comes with.

This sounds suspect. OMEGA the company told you that you got what you got?

I'm surprised the Exchange asked if you wanted to return as well....there is documentation on the sale that states the watch is non-refundable when you purchase from them.

You got a tiny box with just those items? The box I received was gigantic. The Omega box was separate from the watch, which was in a box with that presentation in it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

#15 ·
That just does not make sense. You not only paid for the watch, but the entire presentation it comes with.

This sounds suspect. OMEGA the company told you that you got what you got?

I'm surprised the Exchange asked if you wanted to return as well....there is documentation on the sale that states the watch is non-refundable when you purchase from them.

You got a tiny box with just those items? The box I received was gigantic. The Omega box was separate from the watch, which was in a box with that presentation in it.

Yep. Only came with ONE cardboard box that was super light with no Omega markings on it at all. AAFES rep also told me "you can just return it" even though it clearly states on website that I can't. Watch is still awesome, but yeah I've definitely seen many other posters claim they've received the whole shebang with their purchase.

#18 ·
Still weird. Possibly the box may come later.....cross your fingers. If not, contact Omega and explain the circumstance and find out where your box is.

I say that because that watch came directly from Omegas warehouse....the Exchange doesn't stock the watch, they are the AD and go between. They take the purchase and it's dispatched from Omega. This is why they will show out of stock online sometimes, but you call and can get one.

The Exchange has an allotment so they sell out, but as soon as they meet that allotment, if available, they can direct order more of them. It has to do with Omega's on hand stock in the USA.

#21 ·
For about the same money as a used box which doesn’t offer much unless that’s how you plan to store it, might I suggest a leather travel watch case directly from Omega instead? It might be more functional depending how you store or display your watches. I left a review not too long ago on the forum. My box sits in the closet. The travel case goes in my drawer and is much more practical for me.

#26 ·
You got a great deal on it. It sucks not having the box but the money you saved you can pick one up for a couple hundred on eBay and still have an amazing deal.

Enjoy the watch, one of my all time favorites.

#30 ·
Interesting. I purchased the black dialed version during the same sale and it’s being delivered to my store in Ramstein. I’ve had both a Tissot and Longines delivered as “full kit,” so I get your point. I’ll let you know what happens on my end.

#40 ·
I think I would just find a used box, I read a forum on here awhile ago that discussed how often the boxes included even from AD do no necessarily match the watch. Sometimes the SMP box may be from a slightly different year than the watch…for 3200 I would just do my fist pumps and flaunt that bad boy

#48 ·
Hey everyone. I am pretty new around here, but I've been into watches for a while now. Recently purchased an Omega Seamaster Diver 300m through the Exchange website (www.shopmyexchange.com), but it shipped with no presentation box. Called Omega and the Exchange and they both said "you have the item. it is what it is. You can return it if you want."

Just wondering if there's anything I can do to get the official box because it feels, well, incomplete in my mind and I would imagine if I were to ever decide to sell it at some point in the future that would be a pretty key thing missing. I guess I could just grab one on eBay?
I would just return it and order again when they have another Omega sale.

#54 ·
I think AAFES pulls stock from Exchanges all over and sometimes you get less than the full package (hence my G-shock experience where I got a display model vs getting everything from Swatch Group when I bought my Speedmaster.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.