WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after reading that the Spork is discontinued, I did a rather poorly thought out purchase and snatched one up from longislandwatch. The reason I say "poorly thought out" is that I just spent 800$ on a Sumo, and already owning an Orange Monster in addition to this, the Spork doesn't fill any hole in my collection that needs filling. Spur of the moment purchase that I now regret. Anyways, now over to the problem.

I bought the watch from longislandwatch.com. The watch arrived today, and after I opened it (well packaged by the way) I noticed the warranty card hasn't been filled out at all. Now, as I want to sell this again and spend that money on another watch down the road, I thought this might be a problem. A watch with an unfilled warranty card doesn't really make it a tempting purchase for people, or? Does it matter?

Just want to say that I've bought from them before (my first black monster), and was very happy with everything. The shipment was quick, well packaged (both now and then), and the papers were all filled out.

I can provide pictures tomorrow, but I'm off to bed right now.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Re: Urgent! Bought Seiko "Spork" from longislandwatch.com - warranty card not filled out?

The unfilled warranty card shouldn't be an issue but I'm more curious which Sumo you bought for $800?!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Re: Urgent! Bought Seiko "Spork" from longislandwatch.com - warranty card not filled out?

I believe longislandwatch.com is a grey market dealer, meaning they are not an authorized Seiko dealer. That is why the warranty card is unfilled. But I'm sure they offer there own warranty of some sort.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Good to hear. I wasn't aware that longislandwatch.com isn't an authorized Seiko dealer. Oh well, the watch is the same regardless.

but I'm more curious which Sumo you bought for $800?!
I bought it from creationwatches.com (which were awesome to deal with btw). 765$ + shipping to Norway and customs and we're talking 800$ or more.

Thanks for the replies guys, I've already found a buyer for the SPORK. :)

·
Registered
4,258 Posts

Good to hear. I wasn't aware that longislandwatch.com isn't an authorized Seiko dealer. Oh well, the watch is the same regardless.

I bought it from creationwatches.com (which were awesome to deal with btw). 765$ + shipping to Norway and customs and we're talking 800$ or more.

Oh, that would explain the price! I thought perhaps you had picked up the yellow Thailand limited edition Sumo. I still can't get over how much the Sumo has gone up in price.

·
Registered
653 Posts

I usually throw those things away...I'm very surprised to find some service centers actually want them when the product is submitted for service.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I see Seiya sells the sumo for ~650 and that includes shipping to Norway AFAIK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts