WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching for a year I received a phone call from the local AD that he got one of these in. Tough to find in NYC.

The Calypso Aquatimer is slightly larger than the regular Aquatimers(44mm vs 42 mm). It has a deep blue dial that at times looks black unless you put a black watch next to it! On the back behind crystal is a small peice of wood taken from the Calypso with a picture of the ship.

Technical data

Aquatimer Chronograph “Cousteau Divers
Réf. IW3782

Features

Mechanical rotating inner bezel, mechanical chronograph movement, day and date display, small seconds with stop function, automatic winding, IWC bracelet system with push-button release safety clasp, case back with an inlaid sliver of timber from the Calypso, special back engraving, limited to 2,500 watches Movement

Caliber:79320 Vibrations:28,800/h / 4 Hz Jewels:25 Power reserve:44 h Winding:automatic Case

Material:stainless steel Glass:sapphire, convex, antireflective coating Water-resistant:12 bar (120 m) Diameter:44 mm Height:16 mm Weight

Watch in stainless steel
with rubber strap:146 g

http://www.thewatchquote.com/mesIMG/imgStd/21295.jpg

http://www.thewatchquote.com/IWC-Aquatimer-Chronograph-Cousteau-Divers-No_5678.htm

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank for the good wishes Vic,

If anyone is interested, Cellini at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City has another one (at least they did yesterday), Ask for Carey. They are selling on ebay for $600-$1000 above AD cost. These are very tough to find. Most IWC dealers are lucky to receive 1. My favorite AD told me he could have sold 20 or more if he was allocated the watches.

Todd

·
Registered
Too many Speedys!
1,885 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Congrats!

What's next on your radar? That will be a hard one to follow. Seriously, you know you're already thinking about the next one!:p

·
Registered
412 Posts
Very cool indeed, the bit of timber from the original vessel is an awesome addition. I am not normally an IWC fan but that watch is awesome, a difinate keeper, congrats mate.:-!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cflye,

The next three are already purchased, just waiting for delivery!!! That would bring me up to approx 30 divers.

1) Vintage Blancpain 50 Fathoms (1970's)
2) Enzo Mechana Custom Diver "Bassen Diver"
3) Kobold SOA

Holy Grails:

1) Vintage Omega 120 Chron
2) Lange and Sohne Lange One
3) Breguet Type XXl
4) Kobold SMG-1 Tactical

·
Registered
Too many Speedys!
1,885 Posts
cflye,

The next three are already purchased, just waiting for delivery!!! That would bring me up to approx 30 divers.

1) Vintage Blancpain 50 Fathoms (1970's)
2) Enzo Mechana Custom Diver "Bassen Diver"
3) Kobold SOA

Holy Grails:

1) Vintage Omega 120 Chron
2) Lange and Sohne Lange One
3) Breguet Type XXl
4) Kobold SMG-1 Tactical
Todd,

Ah, well spoken, a true WIS!

I'm gonna show your email to my wife to prove mine is not the only watch-disease infected brain. She should be happy to get off as lightly as she does with me, my collection only has about 12 or so at present! Of course a Capeland XXL is inbound and I am jonesing for a Kobold SEAL...

Never mind that comment about "getting off". She probably wouldn't appreciate it!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Beaudimous Todd! that is a sweet looking hombre :-! congratulations.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Your watch will be a treasured
item in the future, Todd. It com-
memorates Mr. Cousteau's passing
10 years ago, & enhances IWC's
heritage of breakout timepieces.
You should have received a lifetime
free subscription to their magazine
for this purchase. May you always
derive great pleasure from wearing
it, & simply when being gazed upon.

Truly
Bruce

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Superb!
Enjoy

Steve

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Guys.

Big Chrono, I hope I get their magazine but Im not sure they have my address. The AD has my address. Do I need to contact IWC??

·
Registered
524 Posts
Simply WOW! Congrats on an awsome new diver!

I know many people say that they're wearing a piece of history on their wrist, but how many can say that they're walking around with a "real" piece of it on their wrist. Truely a keeper.

·
6,880 Posts
Wow....thats amazing. Congats Todd!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts