WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father, age 96, recently gave me his Rolex watch which was a gift from my mother in 1961 following a European tour which included Switzerland. I've just had the watch refurbished by Rolex, and it came out beautifully (although very expensive). The watch is a Model 1600/34 Oyster Perpetual Datejust.

My father wore the watch for 40 years before putting it in his drawer; and of course there were no papers or box with the watch when I received it.

I didn't think to ask Rolex for information about the box when it was sent in for refurbishment several months ago.

Can anyone advise how I might find out what style of box the watch would have come in at the time, and where they might be available? Thanks for your help

Charlie

·
Registered
359 Posts
Charlie, congrats on a fine heirloom acquisition. You may also want to check out timezone.com, they have a vintage forum and may offer some assistance. You may try a search on ebay just be careful.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My father, age 96, recently gave me his Rolex watch which was a gift from my mother in 1961 following a European tour which included Switzerland. I've just had the watch refurbished by Rolex, and it came out beautifully (although very expensive). The watch is a Model 1600/34 Oyster Perpetual Datejust.

My father wore the watch for 40 years before putting it in his drawer; and of course there were no papers or box with the watch when I received it.

I didn't think to ask Rolex for information about the box when it was sent in for refurbishment several months ago.

Can anyone advise how I might find out what style of box the watch would have come in at the time, and where they might be available? Thanks for your help

Charlie
Hi Charlie,

You can do a search "Monster Time" i saw some old model boxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts