WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

BR 126-55-SP GMT Flyback

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  vladkuk 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody I recently received an invitation to purchase the above model watch from a friend who is selling it for USD3,500.
I'm not an expert at watches or this brand but I have to say the watch is a beauty.
It comes on a brown leather strap with boxes and papers.
I was hoping to get some advice on the price, if it is fair or not or perhaps if it is a steal or bargain.
Watch is in mint condition and is a limited production of 500 pieces.
It also has a special minute accumulator that is tracked by a wing-tipped central hand, which is something not always seen in chronos.
Unfortunately I do not have a nice pic of the actual watch but I borrowed this one here to give some illustration of the model in question.
Cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
B&R watches generally don't appreciate over time, so I wouldn't buy it as an investment. That said, the price you were offered is excellent and under market value, so you would likely be able to break even or make a bit if you decided to sell in the future.

#11 · (Edited)
Excellent price and a really nice looking and wearing watch. And you will not bump into another guy wearing one. I have a 123 and the domed crystal is a great feature, takes me back to the day.

I predict everybody on the forum will tell you you should get something else (Speedmaster) but if it's calling to you get it. The savings on sales tax alone is significant.

And the Brequet XX, boring. Busy dial too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.