WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

I have pretty much decided that my next purchase will be the Bell and Ross BR02 Carbon. The "problem" is that I am 50/50 on which dial to go with..arabic or pro. If any BR02 owners can post up some pics for me to get even more confused about would be great :) Any opinions would also be welcomed as well on the watch itself and dial pros/cons.

Thx
Scott

·
Aquadive forum moderator
5,644 Posts

Hello

I have pretty much decided that my next purchase will be the Bell and Ross BR02 Carbon. The "problem" is that I am 50/50 on whoch dial to go with..arabic or pro. If any BR02 owners can post up some pics for me to get even more confused about would be great :) Any opinions would also be welcomed as well on the watch itself and dial pros/cons.

Thx
Scott

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
this watch it's awesome...
but for me it's too expensive..
:oops:
i've found out a replica automatic for 150euro...
:-s
but i will not buy it...
|>
great watch guys.........

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hey Scott:

I like the Pro Dial--- I feel like it has more material on the dial, which equals MORE lume.

(if you are into that sort of thing;-))

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Tough call, because I love lume and Ian makes a good point about the Pro dial glowing brighter. But it just looks too much like a Seiko SKX007 to me (not distinctive at all) while the arabic dial is an attention grabber. I'm a sucker for numbers on a dial, too - especially big ones.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
The Arabic dial is B&R's instrument series look which is what has really put them on the map recently IMO. I do not know which I would choose, but I am inclined to think I would go Arabic. When it first came out I was all about the Pro Diver, but I have now shifted more toward B&R's instrument series look.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics and comments. I actually only saw the watch one time in person about a year ago but it has stuck in my mind since so I think I need to pick one up. Certainly not cheap especially since it comes without a steel band, but it looks cool on the strap. The cheapest price I have seen is about 25% off list. Seems a good discount.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
so which one? those aren't my type of watch, but I do like the ss case as far as looks go.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Scott,

I guess that a good question would be, are you a lume freak? If you are, then the Pro Dial would probably suit your lume needs a bit better. If you aren't, then whichever dial you find more appealing should be the winner.

I, personally, really dig the Arabic dial...looks fabulous...and gives the watch a very elegant look, too, imho. :-!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Everyone,

Again, thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the Carbon Arabic dial. Lume is important, but it's not the main draw. I like both of the dials and have really been admiring this watch for a while. Only drawback is lack of steel band, but a NATO strap might be a nice alternative. It's not a dress watch, but I like that it seems geared for one main role. I am headed out next weekend to look at one again before I make the final decision. Any additional advice or input will be greatly received.

Regards,
Scott

I also like the BR02-94 Chrono, but it is listing at 7500usd.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a personal preference for Arabic dials so I would go for that one. Maybe ask yourself what you would like to see when you look at the dial...

Chelly

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
the pvd looks good. the color of the hrv is nice. I wonder how good the pvd is on it? as far as strap options, the velcro that comes with it is really nice. chelly sent one to me. oh, thanks for that chelly, it rocks!

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
I like mine on a regular leather strap better than the rubber. I'm not as fond of the integrated look and prefer the "reveal" of the normal leather strap. Kinda like the way wooden trim boards on a door frame for instance look better with the reveal rather than flush mounted...if they had not tapered the rubber strap so severely I might think differently but it looks extremely awkward to me on the rubber the way it narrows under my wrist..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Peter

I think I agree with you. If you have a NATO strap, could you post a pic of it on the watch? Has it kept good time? Any Pro/Cons on the watch?

Thx again
Scott

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
I do not have a 26mm Nato strap unfortunately. BTW, I believe SportMichael over on TZ has one of these for sale and it looks to be in good shape. I would not pay 4k for a new one that's for sure. $2800 seems to be around the right price for used.

Cons: It marks a bit on the edges. I've babied it but the sharp corners will lose the PVD without too much abuse.

Pros: It's way cool looking! Well made for sure, movement is sweet and smooth winding. Love that instrument look.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Arabic all the way!

The Arabic dial is B&R's instrument series look which is what has really put them on the map recently IMO. I do not know which I would choose, but I am inclined to think I would go Arabic. When it first came out I was all about the Pro Diver, but I have now shifted more toward B&R's instrument series look.
I think that these Arabic numbers are an inheritance from the partnership with Sinn.

Regards
Dimitris

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I prefer the Pro dial. I think it lends itself to a more consistent and balanced visual presentation. just my $0.02.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
If I ever got one I'd go with the Pro dial. ;-)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I actually think I would have prefered the SS over the PVD.. PVD looks awesome, and it doesnt suffer from any hairline scratches easily.. I didnt bang it pretty hard though which did leave a hairline scrape. I like both dials.. Id prefer the Chrono in SS which is Arabic.

So I really like this watch, and love Bell & Ross, but the BR02 is not the best watch they make.. its clearly without a doubt the BR01...I always still go for that one, its just more significant of a watch, and im working on making a trade this weekend for a limited edition version... People were used to getting discounts on B&R watches, but with significant successful launches in new regions, I think your going to see those discounts dry up (they mostly already have) has inventory becomes scarce.

There are 3 on ebay right now, 1 for buy it now $3200, one for $6500+ lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts