WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just sold my superocean professional and picked up a chrono avenger m1 (should be delivered on friday ... i'll post photos this weekend)

the superocean came with the bracelet at exactly the right fit (just had to use the micro-adjustment 2 spots) ... so i didn't have to deal with removing links

this one has all the original links (i'm told it fits 8" wrist that way ... i generally wear 7-3/4"), and i seem to recall there was an article here somewhere with instructions on how to remove links ... do i remember correctly ... and, if so, where might i find it ... there's just not a breitling A.D. within 30 miles and i don't want to wait until the weekend if i can help it (LOL)

any help/guidance gratefully appreciated

regards,

dennis

·
Registered
953 Posts
Dennis,

This one? Not sure what bracelet you are adjusting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that looks like it ... so i just need a screw driver and some nerve (LOL)?

thanks for the quick response ...

regards,

dennis:-!

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,939 Posts
Hi Dennis,

Make it a good screwdriver. Wait until you have the watch and acquire the tool from a good hardward/electronics supply if one is closeby. Its easy to round out the slot if you have to apply some pressure to the head but don't have a proper fitting blade. The slot is very sharp and parallel sided so the blade should just enter and almost stay standing in the slot on its own. Slop in the fit spells trouble. If the blade looks rough pass on it and find something else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks much ... i think i know just the place to go ... but if i lose my nerve, maybe i'll just visit the nearest A.D. (princeton, i think) sooner rather than later (LOL)

thanks, :)

dennis

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the link ... while i may have to pass on the $170 one (i'm not opening a jewelry store yet ... LOL), the others seem pretty reasonable, and i guess they fit a wide variety of watches ... 'cause i have a couple of others that have screws also ...

ok, while i'm at it ... would you recommend that same link for a pin remover (and re-placer in ... i'm sure it has a name, just don't know what it is)?

regards,

dennis

·
Registered
953 Posts
The Pro, straight link bracelets, are easy. Just get a good screw driver... I have a small jewelers set that comes in handy. If it is a Pro II, or Fighter, slanted links, just keep them separated and laid out as you take them off and make sure you reassemble the extra links. That style can be a bit of a jig-saw puzzle if you are not familiar.

VERY IMPORTANT: do this on a tray, or an area where you will not lose the small link screws!

Good luck - be brave :-!

·
Registered
28 Posts
thanks much ... i think i know just the place to go ... but if i lose my nerve, maybe i'll just visit the nearest A.D. (princeton, i think) sooner rather than later (LOL)

thanks, :)

dennis
I'm not quite sure of the distances involved, but there is an AD in Marlton, NJ too. It is right on HWY 73. You can get thier name and address etc off the Breitling Web site. They have a master watchmaker on staff and he is an expert.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts