WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Late last year I bought a Deep Blue 1000 Automatic on an amazing sale. Later, DB offered a bracelet for the watch (also on sale) so I bought one. It arrived and I quickly put it on, unwrapped the plastic wrap and sized it. It was at that time that I noticed that the primary clasp closure was not locking onto the little stud. THe secondary clasp (over the primary...I'm sure I am using the wrong nomenclature) held the first in place, but you can clearly see the primary was not connecting. I contacted DP and they said this is unusual, hadn't heard of it happening before, but they would send a replacement out ASAP. Long story short, I finally received my replacement and unwrapped the clasp and I am having the same issue! I just received my Aragon Divemaster Automatic on a bracelet with the same primary and secondary closure and both lock tight and hold the bracelet closed. That makes me think I'm right in assuming the primary should hold tight...but two of these doing the exact same thing to me has me scratching my head!

So, is it me or am I just a novice when it comes to bracelets with the two closures?

Help please...

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Well if you like your bracelet loose and shake it around it might cause the locking clasp to open and release the main fold over clasp. Should not happen right...it has a locking clasp for that reason. Sometimes the micro adjust wholes don't act right so move them towards the end of the clasp and adjust with links. You can also carefully squeeze the sides of the locking clasp to create a little tightness when closing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
Could you post a picture of the clasp? It hard to imagine how it should work without knowing what the clasp mechanism looks like. Considering that it's Deep Blue, I wouldn't expect them to send you a broken clasp twice..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
35,455 Posts
...It was at that time that I noticed that the primary clasp closure was not locking onto the little stud ...

Help please...
Insert it with some vigor. You may have to repeat until successful. If too loose, you will want a replacement.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I have one clasp that acts similar to that. I had to bend the deployant somewhat, and now if I push firmly it clasps well....

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
What happens if you depress the release buttons as you close the clasp? I have one that prefers the buttons to be held in when closing it.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
What happens if you depress the release buttons as you close the clasp? I have one that prefers the buttons to be held in when closing it.
^^ This.

Press the two release buttons on each side of the clasp while you close it, that should do the trick.

·
Premium Member
71,255 Posts
I've got a couple of watches with clasps that need a bit of pressure on them to get them to snap shut properly. It's really hard to tell if the clasp has caught as it should because it looks as if it's correctly closed even when it isn't.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Insert it with some vigor. You may have to repeat until successful. If too loose, you will want a replacement.
take a look at my video above, I'm squeezing that clasp at one point that my hands shake a bit and it still doesn't hold. Plus, when it is on my wrist, I won't be able to be that vigorous when closing it.

I have one clasp that acts similar to that. I had to bend the deployant somewhat, and now if I push firmly it clasps well....
I"m concerned that if I attempt to bend the clasp that I might go too far and cause irreparable damage to the bracelet and cannot return it.

Tried this and it doesn't seem to work at all.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I think I will just put the two bracelets into the envelop DB provided and return them both.

·
Premium Member
71,255 Posts
Just taken another look at the vid Marty and it might be my old eyes but the centre bit of the clasp seems to be a bit more curved than it should be so you do right to return it to DB.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had that once when I found the band wouldn't close if I attached it to the hole closest to the latch. I had to move back on the micro-adjustment to allow the clasp to lock.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This may be it, the hole may not be at the right angle to the button. Try bending it a bit. If it fails to help, go get another bracelet, it would be hard to believe it could happen 3 times.

Does this problem happen before you size the bracelet? Or is it only after sizing?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does this problem happen before you size the bracelet? Or is it only after sizing?
The first one I noticed after is sized. The second one before I sized it.

I returned both to DB and I'm waiting to hear what they think.

Marty Smith

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
The first one I noticed after is sized. The second one before I sized it.

I returned both to DB and I'm waiting to hear what they think.

Marty Smith
keep us informed!

Reactions: marty491

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I reached out to Deep Blue confirming they received the two bracelets and asking if they inspected them yet. I heard back two days later and was told that they agreed that the first one was not working but the second one was fine and they are checking one and would sent it out the next morning.

I received the package last night and they returned BOTH bracelets to me and they are both working flawlessly! I'm not sure why they gave me both but the original one was already sized for me so I put that one on and have been wearing it ever since. They didn't return the extra links I removed from it however, but since I have a spare still wrapped in most of its protective plastic, I don't care.

I have to say that a bracelet on this watch really does take its looks up a notch, not that I was unhappy with its looks, it just adds even more ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: deluded and idkfa
1 - 17 of 17 Posts