WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a fantastic King Seiko 5626-7000. The watch looks and runs great. My only problem is with the band. It came with a very cheap light brown leather band which I replaced immediately with a dark brown croc with a gold deployment clasp. The band is fine, but it fits a little awkwardly. I wanted to make the leather band work, but I just prefer a metal bracelet instead. Now, on to my problem. I want to find a bracelet to properly match my vintage KS. My initial thoughts are that I'd like it to be two tone (gold and silver) since my KS is gold with a silver face. All gold is too flashy and not an option for my tastes. I'd like it to be Seiko branded as well (KS would be even better). I'm looking for any advice you guys have. Thanks so much for the help.
These are some shots of the watch with the current band.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is it the clasp that makes the band fit "awkwardly"? Maybe switching to a butterfly deployment will be more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I don't think there is a bracelet that will fit. You could get a straight end bracelet but that will look a little awkward. The stainless steel models did come with bracelets sometimes, but again, it will look awkward.

I think putting a tang buckle on the strap might help it fit a little better.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Check the bay for vintage bands especially those that are still attached to affordable Seikos (sometimes that's the only, and yet affordable, way to get a suitable replacement band). Good luck, that's a beautiful watch you picked up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it the clasp that makes the band fit "awkwardly"? Maybe switching to a butterfly deployment will be more comfortable.
It's absolutely the clasp that makes it fit wrong. I'll probably pick up a butterfly clasp or some sort of security clasp to fit to my current band. I prefer bracelets, but I may just have to adjust to a leather strap for this watch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there – nice watch! IMHO it is never going to look right with a bracelet, as the only bracelets made specifically for this style were for the stainless steel models. The problem is that to look nice you need a bracelet that has the end pieces specially shaped to fit the space between the lugs.

The absolute best thing for that watch would be a really nice strap with one of the original 15mm KS buckles in gold.. These do crop up from time to time on the Japanese auction sites and often sell for less than the stainless steel versions, because most people are looking for buckles for ss watches.

Incidentally, if anyone is looking for a stainless steel original KS bracelet, beware that there are versions with slightly different end pieces to fit the 562X-7000 models on the one hand and the 562X-7010, 7011 and 7013 models on the other. The ones for the 562X-7000 models are rarer I think.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm looking for a stainless bracelet for my 5625-7000 KS. Guess I will start checking Amazon.Jp or one of the other Japanese sites.

Hi there – nice watch! IMHO it is never going to look right with a bracelet, as the only bracelets made specifically for this style were for the stainless steel models. The problem is that to look nice you need a bracelet that has the end pieces specially shaped to fit the space between the lugs.

The absolute best thing for that watch would be a really nice strap with one of the original 15mm KS buckles in gold.. These do crop up from time to time on the Japanese auction sites and often sell for less than the stainless steel versions, because most people are looking for buckles for ss watches.

Incidentally, if anyone is looking for a stainless steel original KS bracelet, beware that there are versions with slightly different end pieces to fit the 562X-7000 models on the one hand and the 562X-7010, 7011 and 7013 models on the other. The ones for the 562X-7000 models are rarer I think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The bracelets for the 562x-7000 and for the the 562x-7110, 562x-7111 and 562x-7113 are the same apart from the lug pieces (sorry, I said "7010" etc above instead of "7110" etc).

I found some pictures. For the 7000, you need the version with "5625 5626 700" engraved on the underside of the lug pieces. For the 7110, 7111 and 7113 you need the "XAB 123" version.

For 5625/5626-7000
Image4.jpg

For 5625/5626-7110, 7111, 7113
Image2.jpg

Beware that sellers sometimes don't know this distinction, so may state that the bracelet is for one case style when it is actually for another.

There is also a differently styled bracelet that originally came fitted on the metallic blue-dialled version of the 5626-7110, which has "XAB 351" on the lug pieces. This would fit any 7110, 7111 or 7113 model, but is only strictly original for that blue-dialled 7110.

P.S. I've owned a bracelet for a 5626-7110 and ended up going back to using a leather strap. IMHO these watches look best on a strap, preferably with one of the original buckles. It contrasts better with the pointed lugs and sets them off. It's also more comfortable to wear, and if you have a watch with a medallion you don't need to worry about the bracelet possibly scratching it when it is off the wrist and lying flat. Another thing - I usually find that the rate of these watches when off the wrist is nearest the rate when being worn when they are placed crown up at night. With a leather strap it is easy to leave the watch more or less crown up, while with a bracelet this seems to be next to impossible.. ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts