WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, just bought and received an skx009 on a jubilee... i will be removing the jubilee and selling it (sold already, thank you).. and i would like to get a nice bracelet for it...

can everyone please give their opinions as to which of the following bracelets they like best, and why?

pics would be awesome

thank you

william jean super oyster II solid end links:

SEIKO SUPER OYSTER 22mm BRACELET strap band SKX007 7s26 - eBay (item 120591267447 end time Feb-27-11 10:59:24 PST)

seiko prince super oyster ii solide end links:

22MM SUPER OYSTER WATCH BAND TYPE II FOR SKX007, SKX009 - eBay (item 200530027544 end time Mar-09-11 20:09:12 PST)

seiko prince super engineer:

22MM SUPER OYSTER WATCH BAND TYPE II FOR SKX007, SKX009 - eBay (item 200530027544 end time Mar-09-11 20:09:12 PST)

·
Registered
507 Posts
I don't own any of the Seiko prince bracelets but the oyster from William is great.
Another great bracelet is the hammer sold by harold.

However, my preferred bracelet for the SKX series is the Seiko president bracelet.
22 - 18 mm tapering just feels better as the 22 - 20 mm.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Look through the 007/009 thread there are tons of pictures with people commenting on their bracelets
Seems most people that have the Super Oyster really like it. I wouldn't pay the amount the last two you show cost. Seems wjeans best is usually $69

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i just purchased an "evo S" super oyster from Harold (yobokies) and I could not be happier, great fit and finish and Harold is a great guy.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Super Oyster II from wjean. Wearing it on my 009 right now as I type!

Comfortable. Solid Links fit lugs "just right." Comfortable. Easy resize with screws, not pins. Comfortable. Best aftermarket clasp. Comfortable.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haven't gotten one quite yet... i bought a couple watches in the meantime and put a rubber strap on it for now

im leaning towards the william jean

will give an update once i get one and post pics

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got a skx007, and purchased the William Jean Super Oyster. Didn't quite size to my wrist very well (6.75") and IMO, it makes the watch look smaller than it actually is due to the taper toward the buckle not being as drastic as the jubilee. I think the Super Oyster is 22mm at the lug and 20 at the buckle. The jubilee is 22mm at the lug and 18mm at the buckle. I know it's JUST 2mm...but to me it makes a difference.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
I've got a skx007, and purchased the William Jean Super Oyster. Didn't quite size to my wrist very well (6.75") and IMO, it makes the watch look smaller than it actually is due to the taper toward the buckle not being as drastic as the jubilee. I think the Super Oyster is 22mm at the lug and 20 at the buckle. The jubilee is 22mm at the lug and 18mm at the buckle. I know it's JUST 2mm...but to me it makes a difference.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!
There's a 22/18 taper super oyster from wjean as well. It's been commented upon here before (including a recent thread started by yours truly).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts