WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

When I purchase my Polaris Chronograph, I decided to get it on leather since I knew the gorgeous interchangeable buckle would be of more value to me. This watch is a strap monster considering it’s blue!

With that said, I thought I would be able to find the bracelet later down the road from JLC, and add the JLC rubber strap. Too my surprise, JLC only offers a black leather strap on the website.

Any one have any ideas where I may source one from? At this point, I’d consider aftermarket on both options as long as the ends are curved and hugs the case. I’ve searched everywhere I could think. I probably will not wear the bracelet that often, as I’m a strap guy preferably, but would like to have the options to do so.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
The bracelet for the Polaric Automatic (time only) is priced at $2,160 Australian dollars with 10 percent tax.

The Polaris Automatic uses a curved spring bar (more curved than the standard straight ones) and third party ones may not work because of the springbar .

I have tried one bracelet. Did not work.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bracelet for the Polaric Automatic (time only) is priced at $2,160 Australian dollars with 10 percent tax.

The Polaris Automatic uses a curved spring bar (more curved than the standard straight ones) and third party ones may not work because of the springbar .

I can’t even find the bracelet in the states at all. Have you seen one for sale in Australia??

·
Registered
45 Posts
You are correct, I am looking for both a rubber strap and the bracelet for my Black-dialled Polaris Chronograph that's on the Gator strap and due to the Virus situation the UK Boutique will give me more info when they reopen in the next few weeks, I will post the UK supply details when I have more info.

·
Registered
377 Posts

This is interesting. I've swapped back and forth several times between bracelet and leather strap (both OEM) on my Polaris automatic, and I didn't notice that the spring bar for the bracelet was curved at all. If it is, it must be very subtle. The JLC leather strap uses those quick release springbars that are built into the strap, so I've never actually seen them. Perhaps they are curved.

Are you 100% sure about the curved bracelet springbars? I'd check myself, but it's no fun removing that bracelet, and I just put it on for the summer.

By the way, although I'm a big lover of leather straps, that JLC bracelet is a fantastic piece of work.

·
Registered
377 Posts

This is interesting. I've swapped back and forth several times between bracelet and leather strap (both OEM) on my Polaris automatic, and I didn't notice that the spring bar for the bracelet was curved at all. If it is, it must be very subtle. The JLC leather strap uses those quick release springbars that are built into the strap, so I've never actually seen them. Perhaps they are curved.

Are you 100% sure about the curved bracelet springbars? I'd check myself, but it's no fun removing that bracelet, and I just put it on for the summer.
After a bit of searching and based on my own experience, I think I know the answer. The bracelet springbars are straight, and the strap springbars are curved. You probably had problems with the aftermarket bracelet because of the tight positioning of the lug hole (due to the very short lugs, quite possible), or aftermarket springbars that weren't sized to match (too long or pins too fat). I'd bet on the awkward positioning problem, because that bracelet is a real bear to maneuver.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi all!

When I purchase my Polaris Chronograph, I decided to get it on leather since I knew the gorgeous interchangeable buckle would be of more value to me. This watch is a strap monster considering it’s blue!

With that said, I thought I would be able to find the bracelet later down the road from JLC, and add the JLC rubber strap. Too my surprise, JLC only offers a black leather strap on the website.

Any one have any ideas where I may source one from? At this point, I’d consider aftermarket on both options as long as the ends are curved and hugs the case. I’ve searched everywhere I could think. I probably will not wear the bracelet that often, as I’m a strap guy preferably, but would like to have the options to do so.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Hi jimiwilli. I got side tracked, but I wanted to get back to you.

At first I thought that all the straps/rubber/bracelets in the polaris collection would be interchangeable - but I just learned that the chronograph and memovox are 42mm, whereas my automatic is 41 mm. So perhaps not.

I suggest going to your AD. He will be able to look up exactly which JLC options are available for your watch. You'll definitely be able to get a bracelet, and perhaps the others will work too.

Please let us know, and good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi jimiwilli. I got side tracked, but I wanted to get back to you.

At first I thought that all the straps/rubber/bracelets in the polaris collection would be interchangeable - but I just learned that the chronograph and memovox are 42mm, whereas my automatic is 41 mm. So perhaps not.

I suggest going to your AD. He will be able to look up exactly which JLC options are available for your watch. You'll definitely be able to get a bracelet, and perhaps the others will work too.

Please let us know, and good luck.
The Chronograph has a 21mm lug width.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I own the automatic on bracelet and just purchased the Memovox. Once the Memovox shows up I’ll try the bracelet on it to see if it works. They are both 21mm.

I can say that the automatic is a PITA to try other after market straps. The location of holes for the spring bar make it tough to fit a lot of straps. Too tight against the case. Shame as the watch begs for strap changes

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I own the automatic on bracelet and just purchased the Memovox. Once the Memovox shows up I’ll try the bracelet on it to see if it works. They are both 21mm.

I can say that the automatic is a PITA to try other after market straps. The location of holes for the spring bar make it tough to fit a lot of straps. Too tight against the case. Shame as the watch begs for strap changes
Use curved spring bars even if the strap ends are straight. Makes them fit just fine.

·
Registered
135 Posts

I used abp concept to make a few straps for my Polaris with proper curved spring bars. Basically took precise measurements of the strap it came with and gave them to the team. Worked incredibly well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
After a bit of searching and based on my own experience, I think I know the answer. The bracelet springbars are straight, and the strap springbars are curved. You probably had problems with the aftermarket bracelet because of the tight positioning of the lug hole (due to the very short lugs, quite possible), or aftermarket springbars that weren't sized to match (too long or pins too fat). I'd bet on the awkward positioning problem, because that bracelet is a real bear to maneuver.
OK, I got curious. Although the OP has left the building, someone somewhere will be curious at sometime, and he will be delivered here via search engine.

I can confirm that the OEM bracelet springbars are straight, and the OEM strap uses curved quick release springbars. Confirmed by actually removing them and looking.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Just got it today. I’ll throw the bracelet on it tomorrow

On a side note, I love this watch. The alarm is so cool! Thought the 15.6mm thickness would be an issue but it wears so well. I don’t even notice the thickness. Wears just slightly heavier than my Polaris Automatic

·
Premium Member
287 Posts

On a side note, I love this watch. The alarm is so cool! Thought the 15.6mm thickness would be an issue but it wears so well. I don’t even notice the thickness. Wears just slightly heavier than my Polaris Automatic

Hey since you have both. Can you check if the rubber strap for the Memovox will fit the Automatic? If it does can you post a pic? I'm thinking about getting the Automatic, but I'd want it on a rubber strap.

·
Registered
377 Posts

Excellent news, that's a great looking watch. Thanks for running the experiments for us!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey since you have both. Can you check if the rubber strap for the Memovox will fit the Automatic? If it does can you post a pic? I'm thinking about getting the Automatic, but I'd want it on a rubber strap.
The rubber strap from the date version does fit the automatic.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts