WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the brand specific forums selected? For example, Graham is a pretty big brand, but doesn't have a dedicated forum. The reason I was looking for the forum was to try and find information on why the internet seems awash with new Grahams at discounted prices. This doesn't seem to be a solid brand? What is the deal with this manufacturer? If you search for Graham on the main forum search it is almost all sales, and no discussion.

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
To answer the question: brand forums are made by request, but need considerable support. This is the first I can recall seeing them mentioned *at all*...not that I'm going to do a search on them.

From their own web site...GAH!!! This brand is trying to create an impression of tradition and prestige. It's BS, in my book.

And the watches are FUGLY, and IMO *massively* overpriced. They're basing off the 7750.

I'll let Asia express how I feel about this brand:

When I ran the hounds of hell
Twist my foot, I nearly fell
I was lucky I was alive
One look back, I would have died

Don't look back.

Reactions: eblackmo

·
Registered
41,221 Posts
The 'Swordfish' I used to call, "The Bug Eyed Sprite" and I used to tell the noobs that the 'Chronofighter' was part cigar lighter.
To answer the question: brand forums are made by request, but need considerable support. This is the first I can recall seeing them mentioned *at all*...not that I'm going to do a search on them.

From their own web site...GAH!!! This brand is trying to create an impression of tradition and prestige. It's BS, in my book.

And the watches are FUGLY, and IMO *massively* overpriced. They're basing off the 7750.

I'll let Asia express how I feel about this brand:

When I ran the hounds of hell
Twist my foot, I nearly fell
I was lucky I was alive
One look back, I would have died

Don't look back.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,342 Posts
If there are very few posts about that brand in the very busy public forum I am certain there would be even less in a dedicated forum. Far fewer eyes would visit.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I just don't think there would be enough action or discussion on the brand to make it worth having its own forum.

Reactions: ShaggyDog

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its an interesting case. It seems simply by choosing a high sales price they are posing as a quality brand, and then by offering steep discounts trying to reel in buyers who think they are getting a discount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
With that crown guard their watches look like hand grenades and it ticks I don't think a person would want to wear one through airport security. I would still like to see a handlove and deerfun forum.

Reactions: eljay

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
Its an interesting case. It seems simply by choosing a high sales price they are posing as a quality brand, and then by offering steep discounts trying to reel in buyers who think they are getting a discount.
Not really interesting. SOP for certain brands. Invicta would be the most obvious comparison; they even have models about as unremittingly UGLY.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
To OP: if you really like it then go for it. Personally, I haven't seen one or held one to actually comment on it but I'm a sucker for historical watches. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't graham one of the oldest watchmakers at 16xx.. Not sure if they fabricated their history, but AFAIK only mushrooms tend to do that. cheers!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To OP: if you really like it then go for it. Personally, I haven't seen one or held one to actually comment on it but I'm a sucker for historical watches. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't graham one of the oldest watchmakers at 16xx.. Not sure if they fabricated their history, but AFAIK only mushrooms tend to do that. cheers!
Senpai, it is quite amazing, but yes that history is totally fabricated!

I did some research and they basically took the name of an old English watchmaker and claimed it as their heritage. They then decided to add the Swiss-made moniker to cover all bases. If you look at the About page on their web site it barely makes sense.

I take my hat off to their marketing team.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Senpai, it is quite amazing, but yes that history is totally fabricated!

I did some research and they basically took the name of an old English watchmaker and claimed it as their heritage. They then decided to add the Swiss-made moniker to cover all bases. If you look at the About page on their web site it barely makes sense.

I take my hat off to their marketing team.
I find it quite hard to believe it though, but their actual prices do not seem to be mushroom prices

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I like the Graham Silverstone with gray or black dial and have occasionally seen them on "special sale" as low as $1200. But. still a bit high IMHO in terms of value. Resale seems to be very tough on the line.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
WOW,
It seems that the opinions share the same theme and sadly you all make fun of any watch you don't take the time to research and understand, and find ugly. So I bet you know it all, right.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW,
It seems that the opinions share the same theme and sadly you all make fun of any watch you don't take the time to research and understand, and find ugly. So I bet you know it all, right.....
I dont find them ugly. I was interested, but after researching, and understanding that they invented a history my opinion is that they are massively overpriced.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I dont find them ugly. I was interested, but after researching, and understanding that they invented a history my opinion is that they are massively overpriced.

Hello I can't seem to find a site saying they fabricated the history.. I've never seen a mushroom sell for thousands of dollars either.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts