WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a brand new Formula 1 25th anniversary Senna Tribute edition. The watch is beautiful, and so unique. I've had it since Saturday, the initial check on accuracy after a day was +18 seconds which seemed unusually high. I kept checking and 3 days in it was between +18 to +22 seconds. Im spoiled with typically enjoying +-2 Spd on most of my watches.

I checked it out with a compass and saw some movement. So I checked it against an app on my iPhone, and confirmed it was magnetized. So I demagnetized, checked again to confirm. A day later, it is running at +12. Im hoping this is just going to settle in.....worst case I will have the AD regulate it, but a little disappointed with the results on accuracy so far. Im surprised they haven't started moving toward antimagnetic movements.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I bought my wife a Tissot LeLocle ladies automatic for X-mas 2018. Every 3 weeks, we would discover the watch would be running fast - really fast. I would use an iPhone app to test magnetism, then use my de-magnetizer and the watch would be fine for another 3 weeks until it became magnetized! We discovered that her work laptop can magnetize her watch (hasn't happened since she stopped using that laptop). In any event, I was disappointed that the watch was so easily magnetized. It is very small and I'm guessing doesn't have any anti-magnetic shielding. Anyhow, it's now been running within COSC standards, even though it's not a certified chronometer.

I digress. That Senna F1 chronograph looks great! But I agree that +22 spd is too fast, even though the movement is not COSC certified. A rate of +12 spd is better, but still not great IMHO. I guess I'm used to my Omega SMP which has been keeping exceptional time since I got is serviced back in 2016.

Please keep us up to date how your F1 is running!

·
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a few days its been +10-11 seconds. I let the watch fully unwind, wound it to full again, and I will check back in a couple days. This is the pain about my MacBook Pro and iPad Pro 11", there are a lot of magnets. Im thinking that demagnetizer I bought a couple years ago will work into a nice investment long term. I wish Tag would start moving towards antimagnetic movements. I'll post back with accuracy over the weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts