WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my new seagull m192s and immediately tried to wind it to no avail. I own many mechanical watches and cannot figure out what the issue may be. The instructions are in Chinese although I cannot imagine I am doing it incorrectly. This is my first chronograph which may be the issue. The watch is beautiful but please if anyone knows what could be the problem let me know. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can only assume I got a dud. After turning the crown clockwise at least 20 times and until I cannot turn the crown anymore all I get is the 20,40,60 chrono clock moving.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The 20, 40, 60 dial at 9 O'clock is the constant seconds. To get the chronograph seconds started push the pusher at 2 O'clock. You should feel a click then it will start counting seconds & minutes. Repress the pusher to stop the chronograph functions before pressing the pusher at 4 O'clock. This resets the minute counter & central chronograph hand back to zero
HTH

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks particle. That does not work nor does the main hour, min and second. On my rolex 16613 I stop winding at around 40 turns when I feel tesion. On this seagull I wound the crown about 20 turns and no tension it just stops. I cannot move it any further. Maybe a bad mainspring.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Pull the crown out all the way and push it back in again.
Probably won't do anything but it's worth a shot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks particle. That does not work nor does the main hour, min and second. On my rolex 16613 I stop winding at around 40 turns when I feel tesion. On this seagull I wound the crown about 20 turns and no tension it just stops. I cannot move it any further. Maybe a bad mainspring.

Where did you perchase the watch?
If possible return/exchange for a perfectly functioning example.

Regards,
Encap

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I left the watch laying there and it just started working. I had pressed the 2 o'clock button a number of times and feeling the click each time. Thank you very much. The watch I beautiful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts