WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Breguet Type XX Transatlantique flyback chronograph with an aligator strap from another member on the forum. Was curious if anyone had any suggestions for a replacement strap that might work well on that watch.

Any owners experiment with a strap they liked?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I have a Type XX on bracelet but have two Breguet gators for it. One is brown and one is a tan, but the best looking strap that I have for it is a Hirsch Viscount, black with contrast stitch. Since the Type XX's take 21mm straps, you have to look a little extra. The Viscount is very expensive for a stock strap but is excellent in style and dimension on the Type XX.

The main reason that I mention the Viscount is to show the look that I like best. Another excellent look is a Breitling style strap in calf. Again, expensive and there a lots of nice alternatives. Rios makes some really nice looking straps in various materials, but I don't know if they have 21mm versions.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. I'm going to look into all of these. I considered getting the bracelet from Breguet but it's so costly for stainless steel!
I have a Type XX on bracelet but have two Breguet gators for it. One is brown and one is a tan, but the best looking strap that I have for it is a Hirsch Viscount, black with contrast stitch. Since the Type XX's take 21mm straps, you have to look a little extra. The Viscount is very expensive for a stock strap but is excellent in style and dimension on the Type XX.

The main reason that I mention the Viscount is to show the look that I like best. Another excellent look is a Breitling style strap in calf. Again, expensive and there a lots of nice alternatives. Rios makes some really nice looking straps in various materials, but I don't know if they have 21mm versions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts