WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently was talking to a private seller about purchasing his Breguet 7057. Something just irked me about the deal. Even though the watch is fully kitted. Box, papers, everything. The guy had professional photos taken & put them in a pdf format. Which I found strange so I did ask him to set the time & he did & sent pictures of it. It's almost a 5K difference between purchasing from him & a dealer. I'll use my Amex either way because of their purchase protection but I heard it only covers up to 10K.

I'm uploading the pdfs here. Please tell me what y'all think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,982 Posts
If you're irked, there's nothing in those pics that would let me un-irk you. They're fuzzy, which isn't the greatest thing to see. Do you have any reason to trust the seller?

Are you afraid it's fake? Or stolen? That would be a hard watch to fake well, but maybe there's some crappy fakes out there. Stolen is another matter entirely.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Breguet's are hard to sell, so any seller will be happy to hear from you and give you a huge discount off of retail. Don't get overly excited on this if you have any issues with the seller, source it on chrono or the big sellers and make the offer you want. They will listen

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the deal on Chrono24. The seller has an AOL email account. :rolleyes: Not Gmail not iCloud, not even yahoo. Hell, I haven't had an AOL email since 6th grade. I'm going to contact the seller again and see. And as far as fake goes I did happen to see a fake one on dhgate. I saw a similar one locally a few months back but my income had been severely impacted because of the COVID shutdown and rotten economy. So I went and purchased a GS Hi beat instead. It's a nice watch and I got a killer deal on it but the Breguet 7057 haunts my dreams. I keep thinking about it. :cry: I'm also a huge fan of the 7097 but it's automatic and my heart is set on getting a manual wind Breguet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
In the sharp picture, the watch looks fine. If you're uncomfortable with the deal, I would walk. Can you talk to the seller on the phone and have a conversation? Also, be sure to get references.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doing that as we speak. I don't think anyone else will be buying that watch anytime soon. And if it's meant to be then itll end up home with me. I was trying to save that extra scratch because I want to put a white gold deployant clasp from the new 7337 on it. The pin buckle doesn't do it justice.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm not sure what price he is asking, but this specific configuration is usually a little cheaper on the second hand market, as most people favor the grey/black dial variants in either rose or white gold. They can go just around $10k in some countries. I personally prefer the older 7027 where the PR doesn't overlap the dial, and the bezel is not curved outwards, but the 7057 was more successful commercially.
Best of luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure what price he is asking, but this specific configuration is usually a little cheaper on the second hand market, as most people favor the grey/black dial variants in either rose or white gold. They can go just around $10k in some countries. I personally prefer the older 7027 where the PR doesn't overlap the dial, and the bezel is not curved outwards, but the 7057 was more successful commercially.
Best of luck with your purchase!
10K sounds like a great deal :love: If the seller comes down that much then to me that is a win! I'll keep negotiating and see where this goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts