3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which watch do you prefer? why?

zenith captain chronograph

breguet type xxi chronograph

·
Registered
372 Posts
I do like the over-all looks of the Breguet more than the Zenith, but considering that the Breguet costs almost 3 times more, I would go with the Zenith.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I'd go Zenith. I think it looks better.

Part of this is due to the fact that when someone thinks of an automatic chronograph, Zenith is the first company that pops into mind and Breguet is...one of the last.

I'm a huge fan of Breguet, but they just don't go well with sporty watches I think.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Part of this is due to the fact that when someone thinks of an automatic chronograph, Zenith is the first company that pops into mind and Breguet is...one of the last.

I'm a huge fan of Breguet, but they just don't go well with sporty watches I think.
Same here.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
The Zenith does look better and think of what else you could buy with the money you would have left over from the Breguet

·
Registered
24 Posts

I concur. Personally, I think that Zenith chronograph looks nicer.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Well, taste is funny. I love the look of that Breguet. But I have heard of problems with Breguets, but I don't know what exactly. I was at dealer's recently who has a large selection of pre owned high end watches, including Breguets. I've had numerous dealings with this dealer. When I picked up a Breguet, all he said was "Don't get a Breguet." I asked him why and he didn't want to discuss it. I'm aware of others who have made similar statements, so I avoid Breguet. Perhaps that's a little gullible of me, to believe this hearsay. AD's, of course, say they have heard nothing and the watch is fantastic.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Tough question. I really like them both, but it comes down to this. Do you want a dressier chrono or a sportier one? The Zenith is obviously the dressier of the two.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I like the look of the Zenith more, but the Breguet seems to have a Rattrapante chronograph which can be quite fun to play with. If price is of any concern, take the Zenith. If you prefer exclusivity and novelty, take the Breguet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts