WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Rolex Gold Day Date President 36 mm, Everose Day Date President 41mm
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get this watch. Wanted to know what to lookout for. Local seller is offering it but I want to make sure that it is genuine. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looking to get this watch. Wanted to know what to lookout for. Local seller is offering it but I want to make sure that it is genuine. Thank you for your help!

View attachment 15817252
You have good taste, I'm guessing that is the older generation without the exhibition caseback...right?

Reactions: KKuo

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
That is a beauty! I really want a 3820Ti but can never seem to find one. Looks legit to me but Im no expert at Breguet.

Reactions: KKuo

·
Registered
858 Posts
Looks good to me, and yes it’s a gorgeous watch, not many floating around in the secondary market!

And wow I never knew there is a stolen piece checking, I guess you always need to buy and ask for an invoice and ID card of the person who sold it to you then? I mean, I could easily sell my watch, AND THEN report it stolen...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I don't think you would see a fake that has a functioning central minutes chronograph. Make sure the central minutes chrono hand is actually a central minutes chrono (and not like a slaved 24 hour or something) and you're probably good.

Also of course... if it's solid gold you should know right a way by holding it. No one's gonna fake solid gold.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks good to me, and yes it’s a gorgeous watch, not many floating around in the secondary market!

And wow I never knew there is a stolen piece checking, I guess you always need to buy and ask for an invoice and ID card of the person who sold it to you then? I mean, I could easily sell my watch, AND THEN report it stolen...
That's why bill of sale is always so important. Many buyers forget that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes totally at that price it moved pretty quickly. I was concerned about downside exposure because I had a chat with someone who said that on the secondary market Breguets loose a lot of value. But I find that the exclusivity helps hold their prices.

·
Registered
50 Posts
To help prevent forgery Breguet watches include a secret signature on the dial that is only visible from a certain angle. I don't where it would be on a type XX/XXI but on my Classique it's on the dial and you have to turn it towards the light at a certain angle to see it. According to Breguet's website they've been doing this since 1795.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To help prevent forgery Breguet watches include a secret signature on the dial that is only visible from a certain angle. I don't where it would be on a type XX/XXI but on my Classique it's on the dial and you have to turn it towards the light at a certain angle to see it. According to Breguet's website they've been doing this since 1795.

That's very neat! I just found some information about it on their website. Cool feature.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Talk him down, tell him it is not a Rolex and you will give him 6K and a sandwich :LOL:
LOL that is hilarious! I must have offered too low, I said 5K and he said good luck. Watch has sold but I am sure other ones will surface. I am more partial to the see through case back on the newer models.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts