WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
LOL that is hilarious! I must have offered too low, I said 5K and he said good luck. Watch has sold but I am sure other ones will surface. I am more partial to the see through case back on the newer models.
The newer ones with the exhibition case back would be around 11K in GOLD. Which is a good deal. But the older style I personally wouldn't pay over 7K.

Reactions: KKuo

·
Registered
Rolex Gold Day Date President 36 mm, Everose Day Date President 41mm
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That is a beauty! I really want a 3820Ti but can never seem to find one. Looks legit to me but Im no expert at Breguet.
3820Ti that's the titanium one right? Do you prefer it on leather or bracelet?

·
Premium Member
Lange, Rolex, Jaeger LeCoultre, Blancpain, Breguet
221 Posts
To help prevent forgery Breguet watches include a secret signature on the dial that is only visible from a certain angle. I don't where it would be on a type XX/XXI but on my Classique it's on the dial and you have to turn it towards the light at a certain angle to see it. According to Breguet's website they've been doing this since 1795.

The secret signature is not on all Breguets. The Classique, Tradition and some other HE pieces have it. Not sure the Marine and Type XX.... have it. My Classique 5287 had it but my 5817 does not. Both purchased new from the same AD.

·
Registered
Rolex Gold Day Date President 36 mm, Everose Day Date President 41mm
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The secret signature is not on all Breguets. The Classique, Tradition and some other HE pieces have it. Not sure the Marine and Type XX.... have it. My Classique 5287 had it but my 5817 does not. Both purchased new from the same AD.
What's the experience like, having champagne while you browse watches?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
3820Ti that's the titanium one right? Do you prefer it on leather or bracelet?
Yes indeed. Always prefer the bracelet if for nothing else than just to have the option. Leather looks equally nice though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Interesting, it looks like the Marine and Type XX do not have it. I did a quick search and also discovered that on newer Classique models at least it is also on the escape-wheel and other parts.

·
Premium Member
Lange, Rolex, Jaeger LeCoultre, Blancpain, Breguet
221 Posts
What's the experience like, having champagne while you browse watches?
Saw the pieces in person at the boutique. No champagne, although I was offered. Purchased from my AD out of state. Never have visited their store.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts