WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I have found this breguet on the internet but i dont know if its genuine can someone tell me more about it? thanks

·
Registered
23,771 Posts

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Hard to tell from photos. Its movement doesn't fit the case very well though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i couldnt find this model on the Breguet site.
mmm i have no idea if its a real breguet.

Dear Sir,
I fear that, in best opinion, it may be a PW movement that has been put into a steel Wristwatch case...
By the way, I an not sure of this..
But pay attention at the same and ask to the seller a pic onf internal snap back!
best regards,
Giulio onlyprecious

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
The movement and dial may be genuine, however they might be from a Breguet pocket watch that was later put in a wristwatch case. That is what Mike means by a marriage. It's a polite way of saying the case is not original to the watch.
You don't usuually get fakes in this age of watch but sometimes the whole watch is not as it left the factory.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
That means if it were originally in a pocket watch, it'd have been a pretty small one. That doesn't surprise me though as the small pocket watch movements were the first ones put into wrist watches.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if have looked at some breguet pocket watch movements but i could not find a similair one. its hard to decide if its an original piece or just (marriage).

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
I suppose you could email Breguet and ask them. They are part of Swatch now, but they do take an active interest in the company history and historic pieces.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts