1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everybody! :)

The Dr. is back again...

Lots of work and some other things have interfered
with my watch interest, but no more now.

I am interested in the Aerospace Avantage and I have read
on Breitlings website that it has a four-year calendar.

What does that mean exactly? Doesn't it recognize leap years?

Best regards
Panos D.

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Hi there everybody! :)

The Dr. is back again...

Lots of work and some other things have interfered
with my watch interest, but no more now.

I am interested in the Aerospace Avantage and I have read
on Breitlings website that it has a four-year calendar.

What does that mean exactly? Doesn't it recognize leap years?

Best regards
Panos D.
Welcome back, Sir!;-)
You are right: the Breitling Aerospace calendar is a "four-year" calendar that needs to be adjusted for the leap year on the 29th of February. We already discussed it and agreed that this calendar was the second best option. Nothing beats a proper perpetual calendar and the Aerospace would deserve one, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
This is very very strange for a quartz watch with a digital display. I have to check my Tissot Super 7 ANA/DIGI that shares the same movement to see if it has the same quirk. I remember setting the year to 2007 when the battery was replaced earlier this year.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
These are more commonly called annual calendars.

Welcome back, Sir!;-)
We already discussed it and agreed that this calendar was the second best option. Nothing beats a proper perpetual calendar and the Aerospace would deserve one, in my opinion.
I agree!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
This is very very strange for a quartz watch with a digital display. I have to check my Tissot Super 7 ANA/DIGI that shares the same movement to see if it has the same quirk. I remember setting the year to 2007 when the battery was replaced earlier this year.
The Tissot has a similar movement but they are not the same! Anyohow, you will be pleased to know that the Tissot movement (ETA 988.333) has in fact a proper perpetual calendar.|> Of course the Breitling movement (caliber B75 is based on the ETA 988.352) is more accurate as that one is thermocompensated (ETA Thermoline).|>

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome back, Sir!;-)
You are right: the Breitling Aerospace calendar is a "four-year" calendar that needs to be adjusted for the leap year on the 29th of February. We already discussed it and agreed that this calendar was the second best option. Nothing beats a proper perpetual calendar and the Aerospace would deserve one, in my opinion.
Thanks for the replies everybody and nice to see you again
ppaulusz and Bruce! :)

I am wondering about the calendar. It also shows day of the week.
Does the days align corectly with the date when the watch is adjusted
every four years?

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Why can't breitling make the minor code change to have a perpetual calendar?
Probably Breitling want you to buy the B1 if you were after the perpetual calendar...

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
... I am wondering about the calendar. It also shows day of the week.
Does the days align corectly with the date when the watch is adjusted every four years?
I'm sure it does. I think the days and the date can be set independently.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
My Tissot is running at roughly 2-4 secs/month, so I am happy with the 2500 that I saved ;-)

The Tissot has a similar movement but they are not the same! Anyohow, you will be pleased to know that the Tissot movement (ETA 988.333) has in fact a proper perpetual calendar.|> Of course the Breitling movement (caliber B75 is based on the ETA 988.352) is more accurate as that one is thermocompensated (ETA Thermoline).|>

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts