WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished writing a review about the Breitling B-1 that I recently was able to give a test drive. I'll hope you will enjoy the review I wrote about it and I'm curious what you think about it!

Breitling B-1 review

Martin Green

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
very thorough review. my one gripe with this watch is the linear digital display on the round case. i prefer the way its done on the x-33 and aquaracer chronotimer more. the smallest detail on a watch can be a deal breaker with all things being equal.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally agree that one small detail can be a dealbreaker. The linear digital displays are a Breitling hallmark, but what I like most about the ones in the Bell & Ross and also Omega Seamaster, is that you can switch them off completely. On the other hand, most people are more used to reading linear, so might prefer this.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Fantastic review. Very well written and informative for potential buyers. I think you touched on all the good and bad points of the B-1.

I have to say though, I actually prefer the linear display layout on the B-1 compared to the X-33. It seems much more natural. The B-1 displays are negative, which helps them fade into the dial and not stand out too much, but it means they are a littler harder to read in low light conditions, but then of course you have the backlight.

This watch looks complicated, but it's really one of the most intuitive yet functional, dead on accurate watches out there! Most definitely a high flyer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts