WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aloha from Hawaii all!

New to the forum, and I love it so far! I've been searching for my perfect Breitling (first one!) for a few weeks now. I stopped by the local AD last night to try on some of these babies. Picked up the Breitling for Bentley book on the way out too.

I have my heart set on the Breitling Bentley Motors w/steel braclet, silver dial, etc, etc. When I got home I browsed the Breitling for Bentley book and towards the end they show some "blinged" out Bentley Motors editions. It says something like "on request, all Bentley chronos can be customized with diamond bezels, cases, dials, braclets" blah blah blah.

Well, I'm no Jay-Z, but I think the Bentely Motors with the diamond DIAL looks great! I only like the diamonds on the DIAL though. Diamonds all over the case, bezel, and braclet ISN'T my thing.

My question is, where do I get one? Would I have to special order it from my AD? Direct from Breitling (is this even possible?)? Any help would be great!

A bigger bonus would be if somebody on here has a Breitling Bentley Motors with a diamond dial, and could show me a picture!

Thanks for the help!
Darren

·
Registered
340 Posts
hmmm strange taste........i don't get the diamond bezels or diamonds on general (no better watch with them on)...if you put diamonds on a dog's p*** it gets expensive........they are in my opinion just for girls....also they are an unjustified increase in price............but that's just me....anyways......some BIG jewelers have breitling diamod bezels in stock but i think most don't..........you need to order it and it will come at an aprox. retail price of 6k dollars.........if you like the thing so much go for it.......but on the other side you could end up with 2 nice Breitlings(this is the way i would go if i was in your place...but i'm not :) in any case post pics :)

so cheers !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice......I guess I can just order it directly from any authorized dealer?

I don't think the diamond addition is too crazy.....I'd just like them on the DIAL, where the number "dashes" are. I agree that a diamond bezel and/or case & braclet is over the top.

Darren :-!

·
Registered
340 Posts
ah sorry my bad...mis-read...still no diamond fan:) ....ok on the dial i can't help you with an estimated retail price...from my experience i would guess somewhere around 1500-2000 $, but it's just a guess......sorry......and yes you can order it (the watch with a diamond dial) from the dealer who i suppose will contact Breitling, because i don't think the dealers are allowed to do this by themselves (warranty related issues)........you could also check if the dealer where you've went is an AD on the Breitling site....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts