WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought Breitling Bentley Series - 6.75 from my fried who is a jeweler,
Everything looks fine, except for a couple things:
I don’t get 42 hours power reserve, (the most I can get is around 18 hours)
And it looses a couple minutes overnight.
What could be a problem, does this watch need service? I am pretty sure it is not fake, because he sold a quite few of high end watches.
Any help, advice would be highly appreciated; I included pictures of my watch.
Thank you very much,
George.

P.S. I just found the website that sells the fakes that look like mine watch o|.

EDITED LINK TO FAKE WEBSITE

I really need to know if my watch is real or not!:think::-(

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,035 Posts
Hello,

If its not genuine it is a very scary watch. Very scary!

However on the basis that you have a genuine watch from your jeweler friend the movement is damaged. Most likely the main spring is not retaining power because its slipping or as its an automatic the winder is not imparting sufficient turns to the spring to maintain power reserve. Either way it needs repair. How it got to this state is something only you can answer. One can assume that when the repair is carried out the movement will be re-regulated so its a moot point to discuss now.

PS: Over on BreitlingSource you mentioned that you returned it to your friend for a refund, so why are you still concerned?

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
That is scary and rather troubling.

Yes there are quite a few other tiny discrepancies I see.

I do not see any good whatsoever by explaining all the tiny differences between this watch and the real 6.75. All it will do is enable the fakers to perfect their illegal art further.

Sharper images of the watch in question would be nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts