WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

I want to buy a 36mm sport everyday watch in blue dial.My wrist is 6.5 inches. Im between in these 2 models.Next month i will go to a local ad to see the tudor from close. The breitling is not coming to the local ad yet.
What is your opinion about these watches? What is your preference and why?

Thanks
(If this post is in wrong place please transfer it to public discussion)

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
I would go with the Chronomat. I like that watch so much I would buy it, but anything smaller than 39-40mm is too small for me. I hope they come out with a larger version, I'd buy it immediately. I also like the rouleaux bracelet. No one else has something like that bracelet. With respect to the dial, the stick indices look great and the overall design is very well thought out with the hands not overpowering the dial and balancing tghe overall look. Even the date window at 6, and the date wheel having the same color as the dial, are well executed and give the watch a very timeless look, but still it is an eye catching look. . It has a chronometer movement. It walks the line perfectly between a "dressier" watch and a "sports" watch.

On the other hand, the Tudor looks like a dive watch on which the dive bezel fell off. It is not a very well thought out design. The "snowflake hands" motif Tudor has resuscitated and been riding for the past number of years is getting way too played out. It is post-peak and I think it looks terrible on anything but a dive watch. That, and the dive watch style indices, make it a sports watch and not something that in my opinion would look good in a more dressier situation. The bracelet is just another three link oyster style bracelet.

That's my take, but pick the one that speaks to you.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
This is just my opinion but so it goes. Of these two watches, the Breitling has a more flexible style as I feel it could be worn as a dressed-up or casual piece. And to be completely honest, I have never been able to get past the hour hand on the Tudor. It just doesn't work for me but then again, it is just my taste. Both very fine watches but the Chronomat would be my only choice.

·
Premium Member
36,346 Posts
Both are great and well respected brands. I have the Tudor but in a larger size and really like it. Some don't like the hand style, but I find it easy to read.

The Breitling will be more versatile, IMHO as noted above. No wrong choice, IMHO.

Get the one that appeals to you the most and enjoy it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Besides wearing it to make the main decision, I think the breitling is far more interesting IMO. Definitely more unique and something you dont see everyday.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I like both but in a head to head between these 2, I would pick the Chronomat as I would be happy with it being my only Breitling but with the Tudor I think I would still want to add one of the divers.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Hello

I want to buy a 36mm sport everyday watch in blue dial.My wrist is 6.5 inches. Im between in these 2 models.Next month i will go to a local ad to see the tudor from close. The breitling is not coming to the local ad yet.
What is your opinion about these watches? What is your preference and why?

Thanks
(If this post is in wrong place please transfer it to public discussion)
View attachment 15829436 View attachment 15829437
Personally, I’d go with the Tudor. On the Breitling, I just can’t do the bracelet links, bezel or indicies at 5 and 7. I also prefer no date

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
For me, the blue dial Breitling Chronomat will have an appeal over the long term and more flexibility in wearing than the blue dial BB 36.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Another vote for the Breitling. I haven’t seen this specific model, but in general I’ve preferred the blue Breitlings I’ve seen in person to the blue Tudors.

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
931 Posts
I like both models myself and I think it really comes down to what you want. If you are looking for more of an understated satin brushed model I'd go with the Tudor. If you want something that can pull double duty in a more formal setting I think the Chronomat would be my selection. Both great watches that could easily be in one collection for me. I don't think you can go wrong with either depending on your needs. Let us know how you make out! Below are some photos/video of how these models wear on my 6.75" wrist.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I had and loved the BB36 for a while before upgrading to an Explorer I 39mm. Sometimes I miss the smaller size and unique charm of the snowflake hands and self-winding smile. However, the chronomat may be more versatile in terms of function and style. I could see the more conservative style dressing up better (thought the bb36 without a bezel is perfectly acceptable) as well as the overall package being more functional as a tool with the inclusion of a date and rotating bezel - thought one really "needs" need neither. One thing I've never loved about breitling is the rider tabs, which seem gimicky to me. That is purely subjective but none the less a factor that I feel draws away from the cleanliness of the aesthetic.

Maybe the question is do you want a "lite diver" or a "field watch-lite"?

Edit: does the bezel not turn (fixed?) if so go Tudor

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I like both models myself and I think it really comes down to what you want. If you are looking for more of an understated satin brushed model I'd go with the Tudor. If you want something that can pull double duty in a more formal setting I think the Chronomat would be my selection. Both great watches that could easily be in one collection for me. I don't think you can go wrong with either depending on your needs. Let us know how you make out! Below are some photos/video of how these models wear on my 6.75" wrist.

That blue dial on the Breitling really POPS, Brad! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Randy

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
931 Posts
I had and loved the BB36 for a while before upgrading to an Explorer I 39mm. Sometimes I miss the smaller size and unique charm of the snowflake hands and self-winding smile. However, the chronomat may be more versatile in terms of function and style. I could see the more conservative style dressing up better (thought the bb36 without a bezel is perfectly acceptable) as well as the overall package being more functional as a tool with the inclusion of a date and rotating bezel - thought one really "needs" need neither. One thing I've never loved about breitling is the rider tabs, which seem gimicky to me. That is purely subjective but none the less a factor that I feel draws away from the cleanliness of the aesthetic.

Maybe the question is do you want a "lite diver" or a "field watch-lite"?

Edit: does the bezel not turn (fixed?) if so go Tudor
The bezel does rotate on the Breitling.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Finally i ordered today the Chronomat 36mm with blue dial. When it comes i post some photos😃😃😃
Awesome, good choice, I hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: Sakism

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nice choice, that Blue Chronomat on Brad's photo is a real looker and doesn't look small at all. Looking forward to your pics.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts