• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks,

I am torn between these two watches. So I would appreciate your feedback. Which one of these watches do you prefer and why?

Breitling Chronomat Limited Edition B01

Breitling Chronomat 01 Limited Edition - Watchluxus

or the Rolex Submariner

This is going to be an every day watch, so mostly casual. They are both beautiful watches and I am having difficulties deciding on one of them :) Clearly the Rolex is a classic, the Breitling is a little more unique.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Because of it's uniqueness, I think you'll find you tire of the Breitling. Rolex Sub... well, it's a Rolex Sub. And if you're talking about the new Sub-C, it's hip and cool as well as classy.

Also just went and looked at the Breitling you're talking about. Something about them seems too busy, like they're trying too hard. That's all just my opinion though. Take it with a grain of pepper...

·
Banned
10,224 Posts

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
I'd wait on any B01 powered watch. It's brand new and needs some time to work out the bugs. Nice looking watch though.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
What makes the Sub-C hipper and classier than the regular Sub?

While that Breitling isn't my favorite, it's going to have better wrist presence than the tiny, tinny Rolex (I hate the Submariner's bracelet). Now the Breitling against the Rolex Deepsea is a much harder decision, one that might flip me over to the dark side (Rolex). But in this case, I choose Breitling.

Reactions: Nishant

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
I'd wait on any B01 powered watch. It's brand new and needs some time to work out the bugs. Nice looking watch though.
Wasn't the movement introduced two years ago?

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Wasn't the movement introduced two years ago?
it usually takes a few years for the kinks to be worked out of any new/newish movement. there may indeed be nothing there but i suggest waiting on the breitling to prove itself(for what it worth)

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
it usually takes a few years for the kinks to be worked out of any new/newish movement. there may indeed be nothing there but i suggest waiting on the breitling to prove itself(for what it worth)
A few years! Most car companies can clean up minor issues by the second model year. Watches are a lot smaller, I figure it would only take a few days, two weeks tops.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
+ b01

·
Registered
202 Posts
Breitling is a bit bling for my tastes... The sub is timeless, and it'll go with anything you wear. I'm not sure if the Breitling has an in-house movement... I know a lot of them don't. The sub does though, I know that. Oh, and resale value, the Breitling might hold. The sub definately will!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I chose the Sub. I have such a love/hate relationship with it. I mean what kind of expensive watch comes with an undecorated caseback? But there's something, and this may sound bizarre, "delicate" about the dial that is fascinating. Or, I'm just not into watches with heavy machismo.

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
Sub. Its timeless. Plus that bezel font on the Breitling is a bit kooky.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I say get the Submariner. Breitling will be making a chronometer grade chronograph movement I'm sure for good now, and as others have already advised I think you should get something tried and true while Breitling gets better at making their own movements. There are stories I've read on the Breitling forum of people with B01 watches that take a few trips to the service center a little too soon. Like... out of the box too soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I say get the Submariner. Breitling will be making a chronometer grade chronograph movement I'm sure for good now, and as others have already advised I think you should get something tried and true while Breitling gets better at making their own movements. There are stories I've read on the Breitling forum of people with B01 watches that take a few trips to the service center a little too soon. Like... out of the box too soon.
Can you provide a link to these posts?

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
IMO, the Submariner by a country mile. As noted above, it's timeless which is of supreme importance to me. Think loooong term.

Breitling certainly makes a high quality well finished watch, but the styling gets tiresome very quickly for most. Aesthetically, the vast majority of flashy watches end up being flash in the pans. (No pun intended) Breitling is no exception.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts