WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
georgeskern
BASEL PREVIEW NEW PRODUCT: the Breitling Cockpit Orbiter Limited Edition to commemorate the 20 years anniversary of the around the globe flight of the Breitling Orbiter 3. This watch is crafted from black carbon coated titanium and is limited to 213 pieces (please swipe and check out the cool engraving). It is also an homage to and extraordinary man who realized an incredible achievement: Bertrand Piccard. Very happy to have Bertrand as part of our explorers squad! @breitling #breitling @piccard_bertrand #orbiter3 #legendaryfuture #watchuseek #watchesofinstagram #watchcollector #squadonamission

·
Registered
107 Posts
Still holding out for potential haq news from Bulova, with only the below to go on.

This year the Citizen brand will focus primarily on its Promaster line of sport instrument watches, priced from $500 to $2,000. Cohen says it will introduce new technology into the collection, which turns 30 this year. He also hints at a surprise from Bulova. “We have a lot of things up our sleeve,” he says.

Baselworld is slow this year without Swatch Group 😞

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
https://www.bulova.com/us/en/collection/baselworld-2019/

My take: they're trying to separate from Citizen even more. The 'signature' line is using an SW 200, so they can add Swiss Made. And everything looks to be retro.

I don't think Bulova will abandon the 262 kHz; I think it's largely in the spirit of their older tuning fork watches. I question whether there's gonna be any expansion on it, tho. Just a suspicion.

Baselworld is definitely slow; not just because of the relatively small # of brands, but it seems to me that many of those brands aren't showing that many new pieces. But that might be just a combination of incorrect perception, and the fact that several of the brands I do watch, have been showing styles I don't care about. It has been interesting technically; Casio's doing carbon G-Shocks, the 0100 of course, the Defy Inventor, and the Autavia's carbon mainspring.

I think Swatch was gonna have a presentation pretty soon, so we'll see what kind of fun goodies they have. A better looking VHP? Or a Tissot Excellence using an HAQ movement? Inquiring minds want to know............. :)

·
Registered
10,477 Posts
I rather like it. However, at 46mm, it's probably a little big for my 17cm wrists. :-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts