WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've was looking for a new watch for brother and came across something I might like for myself: a Breitling Cockpit watch that I saw at thewatchery.com. I love the look, but I don't know Breitling and haven't seen the watch anywhere else.

Any advice as to whether this model is a keeper?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Hi---

It just so happens that I own one (the non-chrono model) so I hope you don't mind:

- Though the more popular Breitling watches would seem to be the B-1, Emergency, SuperOcean, Chronomats, the Navis and the Avenger series models I fell in love with this particular watch at first sight. I also see a lot of chronograph models that are more popular...

- Either no one seems to know a whole much about it or people just don't bother to answer threads, but I haven't really gotten a whole lot of information about it around the forum (nothing against that though) and researched about it mostly from other sources on the Net. The unofficialBreitlingsource.com helped a lot.

- In terms of it being a "keeper," I'd say go with your heart first, but if you are very meticulous with your watches as investments you might want to look at what a lot of the people on the forum are looking at, perhaps do some research...Breitling to me is such a fascinating brand but there are just so many models out there past and present. I ultimately chose the Cockpit because I find it a unique model amongst the current popular Breitling offerings. Not many shops I've seen have it, and I love the big date windows.

I'm normally an Omega fan and was about to make an Omega purchase when I saw the Cockpit and the AD gave me a very special price, so I went for it.

Good luck anyhow...thanks for letting me share.

Glimmer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts