WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks...

I purchased a Breitling Colt Automatic a little over 2 years ago (Sept. 04, if I'm not mistaken). I ususally wear it every day, but have noticed that it has begun stopping over night (even if I have wound it during the day). It seems to have stopped for good tonight (it doesn't respond to a winding at all).

Any idea what may be wrong w/the watch or how much it may cost to repair? I live in NYC (where I purchased the watch) and I know that Breitling has an authorized service center on 42nd St (Swiss Watch Repair), so I may just bring it there.

Suggestions/thoughts much appreciated.

Regards,

Amy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. My suspicion is that the warranty was for the standard 2 year term, however, I will contact the AD I purchased it from to discuss options.

I can't imagine that the fact that it doesn't work at all bodes well, though.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,946 Posts
You never know your luck in a big city :). Its only a few months outside the warranty period and breitling might just come to the party seeing that it has stopped altogether, for what ever reason. It not the usual performance that you would expect from a well constructed watch like a colt, which are usually tough as nails. No , I think you go and state your case and they may well see you right.
Let us know how you go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoke w/Breitling in Wilton, Ct. this morning. I explained the problem & that the watch was less than 3 months past warranty. The service tech made a point of stating that Breitling values its customers and seemed to indicate that they would try & work w/me. I think I'll take a trip up to Wilton next week and deal with this in person.

Been wracking my brain to try & think what may have happened to the Colt. Can't remember dropping it, submerging it w/the crown open, etc. The only "out of the ordinary" event I can recall was last Sat. when I stopped by a very well known AD to see about a trade-in. The Colt was out of my sight for about 5 or so minutes while the AD evaluated it in the back. I started having problems w/the watch a few days later.

Like I said, this is a very well known AD w/multiple locations throughout the country. I can't imagine that they would have done something to the watch (and if they did, I don't think that I'd be able to prove it).

Hopefully, all will turn out well. Will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a colt auto that I have had since 1993. The spring has broken twice. The first time when it was about 3 years old and the last time was 3 weeks ago. If it is not covered, it will cost about 250 to fix. This also will include the cleaning and adjustments

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts