WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of bidding for this Breitling but do not know at what price it ceases to be a bargain.
Could any one please indicate what is its current value, bearing in mind the need for a service and the replacement screw?

I am also interested to know if I, as an individual, had to sell it what price would I get for it?

Originally purchased on the 08/10/94 in the Netherlands now being sold in UK privately.

Few small scratches on the bezel near the 12 o clock position and a couple of very minor scuffs to a couple of the over riders

Providing original warranty documentation, serial number card and inner and outer boxes (although the boxes are a little tatty)

Top screw in crown cover has become loose and is lost. Needs to be sent back to Breitling to fit new screw.

Next service due Oct 12.

Robin

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Moved to breitling, you'll be in excellent hands there.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I am thinking of bidding for this Breitling but do not know at what price it ceases to be a bargain.
Could any one please indicate what is its current value, bearing in mind the need for a service and the replacement screw?

I am also interested to know if I, as an individual, had to sell it what price would I get for it?

Originally purchased on the 08/10/94 in the Netherlands now being sold in UK privately.

Few small scratches on the bezel near the 12 o clock position and a couple of very minor scuffs to a couple of the over riders

Providing original warranty documentation, serial number card and inner and outer boxes (although the boxes are a little tatty)

Top screw in crown cover has become loose and is lost. Needs to be sent back to Breitling to fit new screw.

Next service due Oct 12.

Robin
Well the guy says it has the original boxes, etc. but they're a mismatch so definitely not original. Makes one wonder what exactly else he's exagerating on. The blue dial with gold subs is susceptible to fading and discoloration. I can't tell much from his pics but the sub dials do look faded. I had the exact same watch a couple of years ago and had to replace the dial because of sun damage. The current listing price of this watch would be at the high end of what it's worth in it's current condition. As for resale, it's worth what someone will pay for it but you'll have to get it presentable first which could cost more than it's worth if you're looking for a quick flip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts