WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm have some questions about my breitling navitimer but I'm having problems posting the pictures.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Tor,

I received your email this morning with questions about this watch, I will just respond here.

The serial number on the inner caseback 869xxx and the "BOW" stamp on the movement indicate the case and movement are very early, around 1956. The dial, hands, and slide rule, however, are the later Panda version with large subdials, which are much much later (approximately 10 years later) than the rest of the watch. Since the dial, hands, and sliderule all fit together nicely it is likely the original owner sent the watch in for service and decided to have a new dial and hands fitted. So, to answer your question, the bezel is correct for the watch, and goes with the case and the movement... but the dial and hands do not, they were produced about 10 years later.

One thing you may want to look into is the rarity of this early Navitimer 18k Gold case. You may want to post the photos you emailed me here, so others can comment on that. I do not collect gold Navitimers so I don't know for sure, but I believe the early 18k Gold cases are pretty rare.

Best Regards,

Eric

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here's a picture finally. I was told the bezel doesn't go with this watch. I got it from the original owner and he told me he bought like this.
Correct. Lots wrong with this watch I fear. You have an early style bezel and a later style dial. the lugs look polished and have lost their crispness, but the plating is intact, so the case would be replated unless it's 18k. The pusher I can see i don't think is original - too long. More photos would be helpful. On a good note, the sliderule looks good and that's normally the part that is wrong ��

1 - 6 of 6 Posts