WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , just received this as a gift for my graduation from college... no papers or box... is it authentic?. Numbers are on the bracelet as stated on other sites should be , back is laser engraved , pin that goes through hands is completely silver , breitling logo is embossed. Serial is A21330 , number under it says 2284815. Was wondering because the closest AD near here is about 1 - 2 hours away . There is the ebay link to the watch. I need to know your guy's opinion because if it is fake ... I will have paypal take care of the seller and also possibly file a lawsuit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300221633613&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=020

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On quick review, it looks like the real deal. Please be careful and make sure you are satisfied with the dealer and how they are communicating with you. Best of luck.
Thank you very very much ... I was just a little worried. I know that there are a great deal of fake watches on the market... my uncle works for Boeing and travels alot to London , Hong Kong , Singapore , Russia , etc ... and was saying that out there , fakes run rampant. Honestly from what he had told me ... on many of the watches from Hong Kong & Singapore... on a fake Rolex you can't tell the difference between the real thing and the fake except for when you open them up. He said that there are alot of factories in Europe that make fake Rolexes and other brands... and also factories in Italy. I chose a Breitling over a Rolex because it looks to be a superior watch to one... though , my dad is preferential over Seiko watches and has the one he had in Vietnam when he was a young kid still.

One of the major things that got me hooked on a Navitimer was that my family and I were going on a cruise of Central America and there was a Breitling dealer in Belise... pretty much knew what I wanted after I saw one... looks to be one heck of a nice watch. If you guys need pics of what the people of Hong Kong are making ... I believe my uncle bought a fake Breitling for fun... one thing that is FAR inferior on the fakes created in other countries is honestly the main springs... he told me that one of his coworkers had a fake literally explode apart with pieces flying. These Breitlings are huge watches for what they are... but not as big as a certain brand of Russian watch I hear.

Anyways , thank you very much for the advice... it was helpful; I'm an electrical engineer... don't know much about mechanical stuff.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Thank you very very much ... I was just a little worried. I know that there are a great deal of fake watches on the market... my uncle works for Boeing and travels alot to London , Hong Kong , Singapore , Russia , etc ... and was saying that out there , fakes run rampant. Honestly from what he had told me ... on many of the watches from Hong Kong & Singapore... on a fake Rolex you can't tell the difference between the real thing and the fake except for when you open them up. He said that there are alot of factories in Europe that make fake Rolexes and other brands... and also factories in Italy. I chose a Breitling over a Rolex because it looks to be a superior watch to one... though , my dad is preferential over Seiko watches and has the one he had in Vietnam when he was a young kid still.

One of the major things that got me hooked on a Navitimer was that my family and I were going on a cruise of Central America and there was a Breitling dealer in Belise... pretty much knew what I wanted after I saw one... looks to be one heck of a nice watch. If you guys need pics of what the people of Hong Kong are making ... I believe my uncle bought a fake Breitling for fun... one thing that is FAR inferior on the fakes created in other countries is honestly the main springs... he told me that one of his coworkers had a fake literally explode apart with pieces flying. These Breitlings are huge watches for what they are... but not as big as a certain brand of Russian watch I hear.

Anyways , thank you very much for the advice... it was helpful; I'm an electrical engineer... don't know much about mechanical stuff.
Here's a shot of my Havana dialed Dators to help with your comparison.
I'll agree with SnapIt, it looks good.
Slide rule looks good
Caliber is correct 21.
Sub dials and bracelet look good

BTW, the A213xx number is the model number, the 2nd number is the serial number

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to look for a AD in the chicagoland area near here since we head out that way during the weekends sometimes. Thank you guys for the help

quote=EJC;1039697]Here's a shot of my Havana dialed Dators to help with your comparison.
I'll agree with SnapIt, it looks good.
Slide rule looks good
Caliber is correct 21.
Sub dials and bracelet look good

BTW, the A213xx number is the model number, the 2nd number is the serial number

[/quote]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts