WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a question that maybe some of the folks in this forum might be able to answer.

I've seen the estimated number of Breitlings that the CoSC certifies each year. I know this number includes all of Breilings models but does anyone have any idea how many of each model is manufactured per year.

Rough numbers are fine and I was just curious. My wife recently bought me a Super Avenger that I still need to wait until Christmas to open and it was very hard to find it from an AD so this drives the curiosity even more. Thanks all.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,824 Posts
Hello anon65535,

In several years frequenting our forum and surfing the web actively looking for information on breitling I've never seen one estimate of general run numbers for popular models like the Colt or SO or Aerospace and the like. Special series of course don't count in this reckoning as one would know if one had #3 of 25 of a low run high value release. Many are in the order of 2000 or 1000 units in the run and this is clearly stated in advertising or as part of the documentation accompaning the watch itself. So for models that might run to several thousand units per the year I can't help you and I don't think can anyone else. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. You mentioned that the run is documented in the paperwork that comes with the watch, correct? If so now I really can'y wait to open it. Before my wife wrapped up my new SA she didn't even let me look at the paperwork from the AD. Thanks again for the quick response.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sleep.no way in the world could i sleep with that being under the tree:-! you could bet your butt if that was me waiting ,at 1000 of a second past midnight i would be at the tree and would be opening that box !!:-!. to all have a very merry christmas and stay safe. mark

·
Registered
944 Posts
I would be up 1/5 of a second after midnight (cause 1/5 is what the chrono will measure on the SA):-!
Do you know that color face yet:think:
I bought mine for myself on Christmas 2004;-) and it is like Christmas every time i put it On:p

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I would be up 1/5 of a second after midnight (cause 1/5 is what the chrono will measure on the SA):-!
1/4, actually, as the movement beats at 28,800 vph (or 8/sec). Strictly speaking you could stop the movement on a 1/8th second interval but usually the chrono second hand will "settle" either side, depending on how fast the brake activates.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,043 Posts
1/4, actually, as the movement beats at 28,800 vph (or 8/sec). Strictly speaking you could stop the movement on a 1/8th second interval but usually the chrono second hand will "settle" either side, depending on how fast the brake activates.
Really? How does the 21,600 vph Lemania 1877 Cosmonaute do it? Does it divide the 1/3rd of a second quotient by 6.06060606 and somehow end up with 1/5th second incrementation? Perhaps gearing ratios are involved. The 2892-A2 flyback Cosmo is a 28,800vph caliber B22 spec'ed at 1/5th sec chrono also. Gearing ratios in that piece actually require a one minute look ahead for hacking the minute. Other 28,800 movements (B13 V7750's - Crosswind, Chrono Avenger) are spec'ed at 1/5th second as well. I could buy the false specification on those pieces if it weren't for the first example of the Lemania. A few years ago on one of the forums a post appeared with a slow motion video of the sweep second hand on a Cosmo and the count was 5, not 4 as I recall. Of course I'm older and my vision isn't as good so I could be wrong... ;-)
Cheers,
Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts