WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody besides me gravitate towards the rubber straps? I get the watch with a bracelet, wear it for a while and replace it with the Breitling rubber strap. I have done that with my Aerospace and Airwolf. My Emergency came with one. The rubber straps are hard to beat for comfort and fit. I have a Steelfish coming with a bracelet and I am sure I will do the same.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Breitling's rubber straps look pretty cool, and are some of the highest quality in the business. But on me - all rubber straps feel very clammy and uncomfortable on my wrist. I first noticed this wearing a rubber strap in the tropical summer in Hong Kong. Perfect weather you'd think. But the rubber was sweaty and the watch slid around on my wrist. For that kind of weather I much prefer bracelets or a sturdy leather strap I treated with beeswax. Even in more moderate weather and even with fluted diver-style rubber straps, the humidity gets between the rubber and me. I think rubber straps would be great if I were actually underwater in diving or swimming conditions. But that's like once a decade!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Yes. I have my '97 vintage Chronomat on a Breitling rubber strap. I can use my watch in any number of prespiring conditions and not have to work about ruining the leather strap the watch came with. I typically cannot afford watch/bracelet combos when the bracelet is of the > $1K variety.

heb

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
I've gone to almost exclusively wearing mine on the diver strap. I have a black rubber and a blue rubber strap so I get to change style a bit.

Todd

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Must admit that i am a bracelet guy, however my E was on diver pro when i bought it and the skyland is nearly always on the ocean racer diver with deployent simply stunning, and nearly both are worn on the divers

Pics to follow

·
Registered
449 Posts
I wear my Emergency Mission on a black rubber strap most of the time. It looks great and it feels comfortable. The big bracelet looks nice and it is. The rubber is very comfortable and looks good. I switch every few months to shake it up. Two very different looks. I prefer the rubber.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I never considered the rubber strap before, as i thought they would get a bit sweaty and be uncomfortable, - but for one reason or another i found myself getting a black one put on my blue dial B1.

I absolutely love it, - very comfortable, does not move around, looks REALLY good (imho) and is here to stay. I don't know if it'll be a different story in the height of summer, but can't see it being too much of a problem.

Also, you don't have to be so careful about damaging it on a desk etc and getting scratched. For £35, i know which i'd prefer to have to replace.

If i were buying a brand new Breitling however, i would probably get it on the bracelet, and buy a seperate rubber strap for it, so there's always a choice, - that and it's cheaper than doing it the other way round.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The thing about the rubber strap is that even if you let it out one or two notches it doesn't "open up" that much. If it feels "sweaty" or tight, just let it out a notch. It won't turn around your wrist or be too loose. It is easy to adjust big or small.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Love that rubber and its OK on watches as well

Wear my Skyland and Ocean Heritage on the new Breitling rubber and deployant simply superb and M1 on the old style.

Martin

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Mart,

Since i got the ocean racer, its been on the skyland, think it makes the watch look somewhat different and more tool like at the same time as showing off the lines.

Wear in good health.

·
Registered
36 Posts
does this strap fit the avenger skyland?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Re the new rubber strap and deployant,the buckle is standard but the strap can be either 22 x 20 or 24 x 20 and they can be bought seperately so in theory one buckle and seperate sides.

This new strap is light years ahead of the old one IMO and the new deployant is superb.

As to the price of the older rubber strap and tang buckle i have just ordered one for £35.00 from an online watch dealer which i thought was a decent price as i am sure most AD's are charging a lot more here in the UK.

Martin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts