WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Avenger Seawolf in titanium and the crown tube has stripped. I was able to locate a new crown on eBay but not the tube. I have heard that the tubes on these particular watches are attached to the watch and cannot be replaced, however my watchmaker took it apart and sure enough the tube is threaded into the watch and can be taken out. The tube looks like it's stainless steel. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement tube? Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
815 Posts
Send the watch to Breitling service center or buy case (with tube) from somewhere.

The tube should not be SS as it will cause pit corrosion at the Ti-SS joint (Ti being more noble, SS would develop pit oxidation/corrosion).

Breitling parts are rarely available through 3rd parties and at the end when all this is said and done (including time and effort) I would say it would have been cheaper to send it to B without letting the local "blacksmith" fiddle it.

Edit:

I took photo from mine

and it seems the tube has different shine than the case and this means it's either different grade Ti or it's really SS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts