WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone can give me any insights into what I might be able to experience with Breitling as far as servicing and/or polishing a watch? I'm considering buying a used/preowned B2 from around 2004, and the bracelet is pretty worn, so if I DO make an offer and the seller accepts, I'd likely want to get it polished. But, I've never owned a Breitling before, this would be my first. So, I figure I might as well see what those on here with a bunch of experience with Breitling have to say, about costs, dependability on servicing/polishing, etc.

Thanks, guys

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I have heard good things about their polishing etc. Mine is with them at the moment so I will let you know if this turns out to be true. Rolex have a bit of a reputation for getting carried away with their polishing as they remove ALL scratches at the expense of the lugs etc. My AD seems to think Breitling are more reserved. Mine is in for warranty work and I asked them to tidy it up which my AD said was a good idea. Normally he would advise against this with other brands but said their service centre are very good with polishing. Im due to receive it early November (covid and all that) so will try and update with the results. As a side note, I found their SC very helpful and polite when I called them which is refreshing. Other brands are either aloof or working in utter chaos.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got my Navitimer back from them, and it is as new again and mine is 20 years old. But, a lot of this will depend on how deep scratches are etc.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Breitling Service Center will return your watch too "as new". One of the main reasons I only use Rolex and Breitling Service Centers is refurbishing..."local guys" screw it up so much because they are dealing with dozens of different brands and their "look and finishes".

And let me say...Rolex does not go overboard with their refurbishing...everyone is just use to seeing that 35-50 year old GMT or Sub or something that has been refurbished a dozen times. If you've sent in a new Rolex only 2 or 3 times it will look the same as when new...beyond that well there is only so much metal in the watch...most watch brands don't have this problem because they are not around long enough to have this problem!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Several years ago I sent my Superocean Steelfish to BUSA for a full service. The watch came back looking like brand new. The only thing was when they polished the case back, the serial number is now hard to see without a loupe and at an angle. It is still there but very faint. I was told next time tell them not to polish the case back. If they do polish the case back again they will almost polish the serial number away. Other then that was my experience with BUSA was excelent.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Several years ago I sent my Superocean Steelfish to BUSA for a full service. The watch came back looking like brand new. The only thing was when they polished the case back, the serial number is now hard to see without a loupe and at an angle. It is still there but very faint. I was told next time tell them not to polish the case back. If they do polish the case back again they will almost polish the serial number away. Other then that was my experience with BUSA was excelent.
I've experienced this over polishing of the serial number as well. All they need to do in order to avoid this problem is to cut a sliver of Kapton tape and mask the serial number with it. That's not asking too much considering what BUSA charges for a service, IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts