WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a old version Superocean Chrono and have had the watch for 3 or 4 years now.

I am having trouble with the time. Now and again through the day the time stops even when I am wearing the watch. When I give the watch a good shake it winds up again and lasts quite a while.

The thing is it never used to stop during the day.

I am assuming I need to get it serviced which I cant really afford at the mo. Its something like £300 ;o(

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Hi Colin, three options for you....
1) don't get it serviced and leave it to eventually stop altogether...leave it in the drawer forever or sell a non-working watch....any takers anyone? Didn't think so
2) get it serviced by Breitling and have it come back like new with a years warranty and another few years worth of good service
3) get an independent to service it....it probably won't cost as much but probably no warranty or polishing

My thoughts...save up and go for option 2....well worth the money.
Cheers,
Capt

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Hi Colin, three options for you....
1) don't get it serviced and leave it to eventually stop altogether...leave it in the drawer forever or sell a non-working watch....any takers anyone? Didn't think so
2) get it serviced by Breitling and have it come back like new with a years warranty and another few years worth of good service
3) get an independent to service it....it probably won't cost as much but probably no warranty or polishing

My thoughts...save up and go for option 2....well worth the money.
Cheers,
Capt
I like option 3 (as long as the watchmaker is solid)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts