WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the new superocean II came in to my nearest breitling dealer last week (westime on pico, L.A.) and while it's not the one i WANTED, i got to try it on.

it's perfect. it's admittedly rolex-esque with its simplicity and legibility, but it has a modern edge - can't wait for the yellow one. and oh yeah: it's half as much as my Oris was. yeah, do want.

"and now we play the waiting game..."

(fyi, i have a 7" wrist. and they're just crappy iphone pix, but i always prefer wrist shots to advertisements)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Is that the black or blue? Hard to tell on my monitor. If its black I might have to head over there to check it out. Ive got the yellow one on rubber.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
the new superocean II came in to my nearest breitling dealer last week (westime on pico, L.A.) and while it's not the one i WANTED, i got to try it on.

it's perfect. it's admittedly rolex-esque with its simplicity and legibility, but it has a modern edge - can't wait for the yellow one. and oh yeah: it's half as much as my Oris was. yeah, do want.

"and now we play the waiting game..."

(fyi, i have a 7" wrist. and they're just crappy iphone pix, but i always prefer wrist shots to advertisements)
7" wrist? The watch looks big. It must wear bigger than the 42mm would suggest.
Looks super cool. The yellow would be my choice too.
Cheers,
Capt

·
Registered
882 Posts
I LOVE this watch as much as I HATE it!

I want to HATE it yet I love it, I want to LOVE it, yet I hate it!

Breitling - why have you confused me so much!!!! Why are you doing this?!

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I tried this on about two weeks ago and it is a very cool watch. Congratulations and wish you many years of enjoyment. Post more photo's.
Best health, Frank

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Congratulations. It fits you quite well.

mike.

·
Registered
306 Posts
A real beauty and on the band and the black ring looks great. It seems a large shipment has hit being I got a call from 2 dealers seeing if I was still interested as they were told they have some in the mail. I ended up picking up the yellow one and couldnt be more happy.

·
Registered
454 Posts
How did the rubber bezel feel?

Looks great, but wish the numbers were just a tiny bit smaller, it would make the dial look a little less crowded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This one is confusing me. I really like it, but why does it not have a lume on the bezel, it is a diver after all? Also I'm not sure about the rubber bezel, how well will it hold up to a bit of abuse. I guess Breitling have put it through some rigorous testing but I would have preferred ceramic. Having said that I can see me pulling the trigger on one of these as the price point seems spot on for what you get.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RJRJRJ - it's black. i'm including a pic of all the colors so you can see the difference.

CIGARLVR - pix!? i'd love to see some yellow wrist shots! i really want to see how it wears live, instead of the CGI ads i've seen a million times.

CLARKJ - the bezel felt like rubber i guess. i mean, nothing special. i don't know how DURABLE it will be. my complaints are the same as you've been hearing: the bezel has no luminous indices, nor a 15 or 20 minute gradation, so as far as a functional DIVE tool goes...well, it's not (then again, how many cockpit owners are pilots? how many submariner owners are submariners?). furthermore, the bezel is "rubber coated" which to me translates into "scratched to hell in short order." the first part of any (saphire crystal) watch to go is the bezel, which is why i thought i'd be going for the updated rolex sub C, so we'll see how durable a rubber bezel is. i'd rather have ceramic than rubber.

then again, so what? it's two grand. it's as classic and rugged-looking as the submariner but with breitling's modern and updated style; it houses a tried and tested caliber 17; it's waterproof to 5000ft. it's beautiful, and (finally) proportional, and doesn't compromise legibility for style - or visa versa. it's destined to be a breitling classic, and it's individually customizable. all of this from timepiece powerhouse Breitling for as much as an Oris? yeah, i'll probably have to pull the trigger just because i can't afford NOT to.

more pix when the yellow or silver arrives! (maybe tourneau will come thru for me this time!)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
RJRJRJ - all of this from timepiece powerhouse Breitling for as much as an Oris? yeah, i'll probably have to pull the trigger just because i can't afford NOT to.
Isn't the MSRP for the new superocean nearly $3k on bracelet? A ORIS diver of comparable spec at full MSRP is less than half of a new superocean!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone have a yellow one yet on the bracelet?
Exactly what I'd like to see. I have a feeling white or black are going to look best on the bracelet, though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i'll take one in each color.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts