WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed they all got (or had) very similar ana digi watches, like Breitling's Aerospce.

Are they all using the same ETA movement? And is it possible to buy either Tissot or Certina models and get the same superquartz accuracy as Breitling's models?

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I have noticed they all got (or had) very similar ana digi watches, like Breitling's Aerospce.

Are they all using the same ETA movement? And is it possible to buy either Tissot or Certina models and get the same superquartz accuracy as Breitling's models?
Short answers: no, no

Long answers: A number of analog-digital movements have been made and used over the years by a number of folks. You would have to post pics to permit a movement identification.

The ETA 251.265 has two square digital LCD windows at 4 and 8 o'clock. A number of vendors like Longines, Ventura, and Tissot used it. And it does look a lot like one Aerospace HEQ (whose number I do not know... so can say little else.) But at the current time, only Breitling is thought to be buying thermocompensated analog-digitals from ETA.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello QuartzWatchLamer, Tissot and Certina ana-digit watches are similar than Breitling Aerospace but only in appearance, maybe with the same or near same functions than the Breitling, but their movements are not thermocompesated, so forget the same accuracy. Regards.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I have wondered about that since they're all known for using ETA movements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts