WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I'm new to this forum and find myself here after a trip to Las Vegas. While there, I stumbled upon a jewelry store and fell in love with a Breitling Transocean Chrono with black croc tang strap. The ring around the face was in gold while the rest was not.

The dealer there offered me the watch for 8100 (9550 retail I believe) plus said no tax since they do not have a presence in California. I didn't buy as I research large purchases.

Since I've been back, I've done some research for used Breitlings and have come across Torneau and Bernard Watch. Which site do you suggest for used watches? Also, as long as I have the papers, box and receipt, am I good to go for warranty work (if needed)?

Also, what AD do you recommend for purchase of this watch new?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Here is an image of the watch.

I forgot to mention I've never had a watch more expensive than $200. Is there a FAQ post or blog you can recommend?

Thanks.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think its a beautiful watch, there is a transocean with a gold bezel as well for 3k less that might suit your needs.
A great watch but you are jumping from $200 to $8k so just be sure.

Btw I have a breitling and All I can say is they are superb!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the watch today. It is beautiful. It came with the silver mesh type band but ive already ordered the black croc deployment strap. Can't wait!

Thanks for feedback fellas.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Congrats on your Transocean. It's my favourite $10 k watch.

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
COngrats on the watch. One of my favorites in Breitling lineup - impressive yet understated. Let's see some pics when you get it strapped up

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Congrats! Saw one yesterday. SS on a black leather strap. Very nice watch. It was very reasonably sized and has a clean dial for a chrono.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts