WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'm interested in learning how to date my Breitling Crosswind Windrider model A44355? Is there a chart or listing that will allow me to get the year by the serial number? I know this particular model was only made for about two years. Any other information on this model would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi,
I'm interested in learning how to date my Breitling Crosswind Windrider model A44355? Is there a chart or listing that will allow me to get the year by the serial number? I know this particular model was only made for about two years. Any other information on this model would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike
Read between the lugs! LOL!

In all seriousness, take the bracelet off and there should be a date code between the lugs. I forget if it's between the top or the bottom lugs though... The first two digits are the week, second two are the year. For instance, my newly aquired B-1 says, "5004." That means week 50 of 2004.

Edit: it's between the bottom two lugs.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hello Mike,
this is actually a Crosswind Special. It was produced between 2000 and 2004.
It was then proposed in several limited editions during the next year (usually sans the bottom sub-dial).
(If there is no engraving between the lugs, Breitling could tell you the exact date of manufacture, based on the reference number and serial number visible on the back of the watch.)
Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Don

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Don,
Thank you very much for this informtion. I'm going to contact Breitling to get whatever information they can pass along.
Mike

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
You are very welcome, Mike! :) While you're at it, please consider requesting a user manual. If this movement comes with a quickset date function, I wouldn't like to damage that Big Date mechanism by turning the crown at the wrong time. :-x
Have a good one,
Don

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Don,
Funny you should mention that. I had the correct manual for this particular watch for about 6 or 8 months, never thinking I would ever own this model, it came with an empty Breitling box that I purchased. About a week ago, a friend called letting me know that he just bought a Breitling and was wondering if I was familiar with the model. His watch turned out to be the Crosswind Windrider Limited Edition, black dial and gold appointments. He mentioned receiving everything but the instruction manual. Well, I had it, and gave it to him. Two days later, I found my Windrider. I can't ask him to give it back, so I guess I'll have to borrow it and make a copy. Thanks again for your responses, great talking with people that share the passion of owning great timepieces.
Mike

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,
Took the bracelet off and saw the numbers 2802 B3 in between the lugs. Could you please tell me the date from those numbers? Thanks in advance for your help.
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts