WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me anything about this Breitling?
I bought it recently but it hasn't arrived yet so I don't have a serial number. Breitling.jpg Breitling1.jpg
The seller doesn't know the manufacture year or the model, only that it's a running Breitling.
Any info would be greatly appreciated and I'll update once I know more.
Thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you expound on that? I am new to collecting and know nothing about Breitling or their movements.
What, exactly, about it makes you think it's fake?
Any detailed information would be appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Can you expound on that? I am new to collecting and know nothing about Breitling or their movements.
What, exactly, about it makes you think it's fake?
Any detailed information would be appreciated.
Thank you
This never came from Breitling.

I hope you purchased it in a way that you can get a refund. If the seller is in a country with an intact system of laws, then they are guilty of felony fraud.

In the future, ask here before you buy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to cancel the sale without paying.
He is in Texas.
He has sold several fakes, all with the same movement and one was for almost $600.
When I spoke to eBay support I recommended that they contact the buyers of the other watches and inform them that they may have bought counterfeits.
Their response was that they can't do that but if the buyers file a claim they (eBay) will support them.
As for asking first, had I seen the watch more than a few minutes before the auction ended I certainly would have.
This is an item number for a current listing he has. It's not a watch but with this number you can access his past sales: 362648560490
His user name is "miced-49"

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He is in Texas.
He has sold several fakes, all with the same movement and one was for almost $600.
When I spoke to eBay support I recommended that they contact the buyers of the other watches and inform them that they may have bought counterfeits.
Their response was that they can't do that but if the buyers file a claim they (eBay) will support them.
As for asking first, had I seen the watch more than a few minutes before the auction ended I certainly would have.
This is an item number for a current listing he has. It's not a watch but with this number you can access his past sales: 362648560490

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
He is in Texas.
Why looky here, here's the identical watch but it is a Longines.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/longines-s...964935?hash=item546ffadf07:g:JX8AAOSwcjBcs~pA

If this is, in fact, a Vietnam era watch, then how can the lume still work. Tritium has a half life of 12.3 years. The Vietnam war was from 1955 to 1975.

Let's assume that this watch was issued in 1975. We're now in 2019. That's 44 years. In 1987, the watch would glow a little, in 1999, the lume would be barely visible in a coal mine. Today, there would be zero glow left.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, I saw that.
I went so far as to call the Sugar Land, Tx police and gave them all the information I could regarding this seller and let them know he's sold multiple fakes and shipped them across state lines.
I don't know if that will amount to anything but I tried.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, the last one was a dud so I'm looking at this one.
No pic available of the movement but I'm hoping someone can tell me something about this from the 2 available images.
TYIA Breitling.jpg Breitling1.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No idea. No pic of the movement available. I was considering this one but will pass.
Several members of another forum also said it was an obvious fake :/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts